Sign in to follow this  
Alec

FSX and P3D FDE differences

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-2cGtlmCCUI posted the same video on the PMDG forum. I read somewhere that one person was sure there was difference betweeb FSX and P3D in terms of FDE interpretation, and it gave different results on both sims.That doesn't seem to be the case flying the PMDG 737NGX, that's why I made that video. I will try testing other smaller aircraft to see if I can notice something

Alexis Mefano

Tried 2 aerobatic aircrafts. No difference. I guess they are equal in this area. That's nice because it means developers won't have too many trouble porting

Alexis Mefano

Hi Alex,I've experienced no problems with the PMDG737-NGX within P3D. Since PMDG is not supporting P3D, don't be surprised if your post is removed.

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi Alex,I've experienced no problems with the PMDG737-NGX within P3D. Since PMDG is not supporting P3D, don't be surprised if your post is removed.
Maybe you missed this (or maybe I don't understand your post), but PMDG posted yesterday on this forum that it is fine with them if you use their products in P3D. You won't have to pay for any side by side licenses or anything. Just don't expect support for any problems you may encounter.

Hi,That I understand, but I don't think they are going to tolerate on their online forum anything to do with P3D. I have not be able to find the above video in PMDG's online forum, does it still exist?. Did I just miss it?.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,I found it, its four pages back on PMDG's forum. Back to the question at hand, I have noticed no difference in the 737 other than better performance in P3D.

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL

Tested with 2 aerobatic planes. Same FDE guys, the question is whether more complex addons will work the same. I'll be keeping FSX for now, but being able to Alt-Tab in P3D, something I never could do right in FSX, is alone worth it.

Alexis Mefano