Sign in to follow this  
Sani1988

Want to build a PC

Hello, I have been around the PMDG forums for about 2 years now, I just dont post much. I have been searching online for the past few days, the best combination of parts for the best "gaming" PC that I can build for around $2,000. I do not only want a computer that will run FSX at 100000000 FPS, I am looking for a computer that will run all the newest games, including First Person Shooters like Modern Warfare 3, and Battlefrield 3. Like I stated, I have around $2,000 to spend on this computer, if someone can write up which motherboard, processor, graphics card (im assuming the HD 6990 is currently the best?), what kind of Memory, hard drive, etc... I'd love to see all the parts if someone who really knows which combination of parts works BEST together, to write up a short list. Thank You.-Sani Ovilic

I won't list any parts, as I'll let others who know better to do this. However one thing I've understood (and please correct me if I'm wrong) from following this forum for quite some time is that what's best for FSX might not be good for more modern games and vice versa. In any case 2k is a enough to make a really good rig. Good luck and enjoy the results! :(

Hello, I have been around the PMDG forums for about 2 years now, I just dont post much. I have been searching online for the past few days, the best combination of parts for the best "gaming" PC that I can build for around $2,000. I do not only want a computer that will run FSX at 100000000 FPS, I am looking for a computer that will run all the newest games, including First Person Shooters like Modern Warfare 3, and Battlefrield 3. Like I stated, I have around $2,000 to spend on this computer, if someone can write up which motherboard, processor, graphics card (im assuming the HD 6990 is currently the best?), what kind of Memory, hard drive, etc... I'd love to see all the parts if someone who really knows which combination of parts works BEST together, to write up a short list. Thank You.-Sani Ovilic
Head over to the hardware forumsIn the mean time, that's a good budget for a strong system.
  • 2500k with good CPU cooler (DH-14, H80 or H100)
  • Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3
  • 8GB Quality 1.5v 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
  • Nvidia GTX 570 or 580. Dependent on the budget you want to meet.
  • AX750 PSU
  • 2 WD Caviar Blacks
  • Cooler Master HAF X Case

Go to Newegg and start looking at options.The 6990 is a hot, noisy card built for the nerdiest of nerds that want bragging rights. The GTX 590 falls under the same category (but it's classier and quieter)I was able to make a strong system for $1,500 on Newegg, including the GTX 580 (Nvidia's flagship).

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Head over to the hardware forumsIn the mean time, that's a good budget for a strong system.
  • 2500k with good CPU cooler (DH-14, H80 or H100)
  • Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3
  • 8GB Quality 1.5v 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
  • Nvidia GTX 570 or 580. Dependent on the budget you want to meet.
  • AX750 PSU
  • 2 WD Caviar Blacks
  • Cooler Master HAF X Case

Go to Newegg and start looking at options.The 6990 is a hot, noisy card built for the nerdiest of nerds that want bragging rights. The GTX 590 falls under the same category (but it's classier and quieter)I was able to make a strong system for $1,500 on Newegg, including the GTX 580 (Nvidia's flagship).

Very good build advice. Only thing I would change would go with a WD velociraptor drive solely for fsx.

Matt Wilson