Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Xplane X install question

I should have my Xplane disks arrive tomorrow, At least thats what the tracking number says.I want to make sure I install it correctly. This is what I get from reading other posts about installing:Im not to use the installer on the DVD, but download one from Xplanes website.After I do that, and the insaller is running,It will ask me to insert the next disk until all the disks are installed.Then I should re-run it as a repair to copy the global textures.Then I can start xplane and set up joysticks and such. Is this correct?Is there a sticky somewhere that lists what I need to do?Thanks for any advice.RobP.s. I should mention Ive already deleted the demo.

Edited by Comanche

That looks like you just about have it Comanche. After installing you want to run the updater not the installer again. That will be sure you are up to RC1. I'm not sure you will even have to do that if your copy says you have the RC1. As I understand it, you only have to rerun the insaller as a repair, if you copied over the top of the demo. As you have already deleted the demo, I wouldn't think you would have to do a repair. I didn't and my bitmaps are right at 740 MB signifing that I have the correct textures.