Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ozzieblr

Scenery problems - converting to FSX

Can anyone help me please?I have transferred some airport scenery from FS9 to FSX, and found a few problems with some elements of the scenery. In particular, the transparency settings for things like trees, people, etc. have not worked. See the photo below. The black areas are transparent when I check them in the graphic program, but do not retain their transparency settings in FSX. No problems in FS9.Does anyone know how to alter the respective tree or people files to ensure that the transparency settings are correct?I have DX10 preview switched off, and have used Addon Coverter X to batch file the graphics conversions, but that did not help.Regards,BrianPortMac%20Airport%20FSX.jpg?w=18aa613f

It's because of the material settings for transparency going from FS9 to FSX, different settings. Best bet is just redo your scenery with the proper FSX material settings, assuming it is "your" scenery since you can't redistribute anyone elses scenery without permission.When I first started playing with MCX, I tried converting a few of my old FS9 objects with transparency to FSX and had the same issues with no solution other than reloading them in Gmax.