Sign in to follow this  
delamar

What add ons should i buy

Hi, i need help giving me some advices on what to buy...1st- I bought for christmas the wilco airbus evo vol 1 and 2, but this month i found PMDG's products and i really like the look of them and i'll definitely buy the 777 but i'm in doubt if i will buy the NGX or not... I know it is great but it is also expensive and i'm afraid i cannot run it well... (i have a macbook pro running windows 7 32bits and my CPU is an intel dual core 2.8 Ghz)2nd- I'm thinking about buying some aerosoft aeroport add ons, i'll fly airliners in europe, starting mostly from lisbon (i'll buy that scenery), any other airports you suggest me? (challenging approaches or detailed airport...), i prefer add ons wich aren't heavy on FPS of courseThanks for your help.Francisco

Hi, For the 777, you should wait the realease of captain sim 777-300 and 777F actually in developpementFor scenery, I suggest you LEPA - Palma de Mallorca and EDDT - Berlin Tegel. Both are decent size airport with really great textures and visual effects. FPS won't get affected much compare to default scenery.

I'll go with Michel on the 777. Captain Sim's 772 Base Pack really is due anytime Feb-Aug! Unlike PMDG I don't see it till late Q4 maybe even Q1 of 2013 but my guesses aren't facts.

I would have to caution you on add on airports with the hardware you've got...instead, I would focus on turning down things that impact performance, suchas freeway traffic and weather, until you can get a more powerful system thatwill run FSX, and add-ons at good performance.. sorry!

Bert

i know i've got to be careful on what to buy... i bought traffic X and couldn't use it because of the huge losses on FPS. Luckly for me i found a post on aerosoft's forum with tips from one of their moderators, and with little tricks like switching detailed clouds to simple clouds i can fly on the vc of the wilco airbus with 40 FPS on the air and about 20 on a busy airport... It may not be much but i'm happy with those results considering my hardware