Sign in to follow this  
FredrikHj

Tablet to FSX and 737ngx

Airdisplay... Interesting! Is it possible to run the CDU on the ipad and then use the touch screen to enter data?CheersLuc
Yeah.

I have successfully used Air Display for over a year now. The reasons I am still looking at a hardware CDU is that I prefer flying full-screen and like the tactile feel. It is an option for those who fly mulitple types as the CDUs end up looking accurate for each.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

HiToday I have bought the iPad 2 16GB, black! :)You need a program mso what is your comment about Airdisplay vs iDisplay?I am also looking for a good EFB program to FSX but what my I choose?My conditions are:Free update of Airports charts, is there is any good out thereGood view over airports and taxiwayYou can make a full flightplanand so onI have seen thise program: http://www.aivlasoft.com/products/efb/index.htmlIs there any cheaper program wich it at least as good as thise program for fsx?Best Fredrik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

Game control: Home Cockpit, Keyboard, Saitek Pro Flight X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. 

But the iPad won't work
Sure will with AirDisplay and FSX..I just extend my desktop over to the right and I can drag the CDU on to the iPad even when in full-screen with two screens..It adds the expected fr hit but it works.You can enter data with the touch screen just fine.I use the iPad as an EFB anyway so it's not for me...EDIT - sorry, I just repeated what was said above..Note to self: Shouldn't plan routes and read forums at the same time Edited by quadraspleen

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Hi everybody, I need a hand to find out why my iPad connected via Air Display to FSX doesn't work with Windows7. I did a check on another computer running Windows XP and every thing work as advertised.It has something to do with Windows7. The connection seems to work OK because I can undock my FMC and move it to the iPad. The problem is that I cannot activate the FMC functions with the touch screen of the tablet. Also a tiny portion of the FMC has to be in the main monitor to reflect the changes I make with the mouse. It works fine if I use a windows7 application. If I move for exemple windows notepad on my iPad I can with my finger open the menu, save file etc...Is anybody has a similar problem ? I am running windows7 home edition premium, Intel I7, nVidia 560Thank you in advance,Gilles

Gilles Boily

I found the solution: AirDisplay has to be run in Administrator mode and a small portion of the FMC window on the iPad has to be in the main windows. I looks like both windows have to be attached that way.Hope this help some of you and thank you for your attention,Gilles B.

Gilles Boily