Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vgage

Prepar3d and NGX

Prepar3d is a nice program with a lot of potential in my opinion. With a 10 dollar month fee I cann see where updates can really make this program make FSX a lot better. I was able to get the Pmdg 747-400/8 to work. Just make sure you copy the fonts folder as well. In the Ngx The hud is blank. I have to look to see what I missed. The only thing that stops me from playing this or FSX is just I have a single core 2.8ghz pc. Too much of a strain for my Pc but it does look nice. FSDT has installers taht will detect P3d. I just uninstalled the airports redownloaded the intallers as of date.(13 jan2012). Clicked on the intaller and boom p3d detected and airports installed there. You will have to click on the installer again if you want it to be installed into FSX. Just in case you wish to go back to FSX. The new program is not a replacement of FSX. It is a license clone of FSX to make it better to its full potential. This just my thoughts on this program. I am sorry if this topic is in the wrong spot.Vincent

The HUD is blank likely because you're not loading the PMDG_HUD_interface.dll from the dll.xml file - I have no idea how P3D handles that. Hopefully they've done away with dll.xml - it's a horrible system.