Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doodelbug

New Graphics Card. Who does X Plane deal with it?

Hello you lot!!!!I've had X Plane10 running on a GTS250,just recently upgraded the graphics card...My question would be,should a reinstall of X Plane be in order or can i get away with deleting preferences and such?Reason i ask,is i've installed the card and it's running a lot slower than my GTS250,from 20fps down to around 12.It's actually not a massive upgrade,but i figured i would benefit from using a 1gig card verses 512MB....The new card is a 560If a reinstall doesn't work,i can only think that X Plane10 enjoys the 250 clock speeds over the 560's (think the 250 is clocked higher)....or the card is broke. i dunno :(Would enjoy any comments on my misery,i will be reporting back with my results after a re-install.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A Nvidia GTX 560 is a great card and a lot faster than a GTS250 !Yes X-Plane 10 benefits from lots of VRAM: it takes easily 900 to 1200 MB VRAM depending on your settings.If the latest drivers ( 285.62 ) does not help, delete all your preferences and startup again from default.

Thanks guys!The drivers i had were giving me trouble on the new card (green cockpit)....I've gone back one set for now......Everything is fine,i am getting better performance now,much smoother. I think expecting the framerates to shoot up was expecting too much...The 250GTS was all over the place,it handled some things very well but.....With the 560 i'm getting more stable framerates,running a higher res.Nvidia's numbering was a bit confusing,but i'm glad i opted for something a bit better after my research,:)Thanks again for the help,much appreciated.