Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

NGX video - landing in St. Maarten

How do you get your reversers to kick in before the nosewheel hits? Mine won't do it.
Normally when the back wheels touch the Spoilers deploy and then when the Nose Gear comes down you then start reverse thrust. What your seeing is probably this.
Most low-bypass engines with bucket-reversers can be safely deployed in flight without a disaster happening. For high bypass engines with cascade or petal reversers, it's generally a bad thing so it's usually restricted to being on the ground or very close to it (at least on Western aircraft).
It doesn't mean full reverse thrust is happening at that time it just means they are in the deployed position.You can't do this with the descrease thrust option in FSX because once you start it, the reversers deploy and you get full reverse thrust. Also Thrust Reverse is not an instaneous thing. It takes a few seconds for everything to get up to speed. (Thrust Reversers Deploy, and Reverse thrust Starts). By this time your nose wheel is on the ground already anyway.So why would you want to have Reverse thrust before the nose wheel is down? The sudden stopping power of the reversers kicking in at this time would most likely slam the nose wheel into the ground which is not a good thing. Edited by UAL115

Nice video but one gripe I have is. Why do people always do cockpit and wing views of their landings? This is extremely boring and it does not show any of your skills or even if it was actually a good landing. If you want to do an exciting video forget the inside of the plane do the video from tower view or a custom view on the ground at the airport. Show the entire approach along with the touchdown. Then people can see how you were configured, how far above the runway you started your flare, how hard hard or light your landing was, and whether you landed on the center of the runway or not. :(

Edited by UAL115

hey, nice landing and i'm jealous of your hardware! BTW that isn't the default st maarten airport is it? If not wich one is it?

hey, nice landing and i'm jealous of your hardware! BTW that isn't the default st maarten airport is it? If not wich one is it?
Well, my hardware is on top of the notch except for my GPU and HDD. I expect my new GPU (EVGA GTX560TI-448 Classified) to arrive tomorrow. My HDD is a WD Caviar Green 5400 RPM, which is not a good one. Also gonna upgrade shortly to a Crucial M4 64 GB SSD for my OS, and a WD Caviar Blue 7200 RPM 320 GB for FSX only. The scenery was FlyTampa Maarten Complete.