Sign in to follow this  
vadriver

Some US Gates

Where are the airport bgl files held in the FSX directory structure? I see files with names like AP*.bgl in those 0000 through 1070 folders under the fsxscenery folder, but finding a specific airport seems to be trial and error. For example, how would I find the bgl for KPHL?
jackin ade, file / open stock (default) airport gives a search option to find your airport's default afcad / airport file.for add-ons, you need to manually find the file using file / open airport bgl - similarly named to defaults but in discrete folders elsewhere in FSX (eg the flightbeam folder for ksfo payware by them)in both, ade will only open an airport / afcad - giving a message if it is a bgl file for another reason. Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

In truth, while it is nice to fill in the blanks in the FMC, it really isn't required for RW or FS navigation when a GPS is providing the actual location data dynamically.
DJcall it an old habit, but my now retired chief pilot taught me to check if the one & only gps was telling the "truth" - except he wrote the coords on the back of the apron charts he gave me !! Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

DJcall it an old habit, but my now retired chief pilot taught me to check if the one & only gps was telling the "truth" - except he wrote the coords on the back of the apron charts he gave me !!
Probably good advice!DJ

INS gate coords are almost always published in charts, I do not know about Navigraph, but Jeppessen sure includes them. Also many airports sport them on informative panels in crews view, for example here in Copenhagen:gos.jpg