Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tom79

Aural Warnings

Hi all!I have two questions regarding aural warnings in the NGX:1) I noticed that when the master caution light is triggered that there is no aural warning like in the 747, 767. Is this a bug or as intended by Boeing?2) Secondly, the "ping"-sounds when a message appears on the FMC are not always audible. Sometimes they work, but mostly not. Anyone else having this issue?I have the NGX box version (with SP1b), installed on Win7 64bit with FSX Accel. So far, I didn't have any problems with missing sounds on other addons so far (except for the CS767, but which was fixed with the latest SP).Thanks,Tom

1) 737 is 737, not 76 or 74, it has no sound for the master caution illumination. This is on the real and te NGX also.2) There is a "ping sound" on the NGX? I'm pretty sure there isn't.You have no failures with it, it is how it works.

Hi Andrea,

1) 737 is 737, not 76 or 74, it has no sound for the master caution illumination. This is on the real and te NGX also.
Thanks for the clarification. I was just a little irritated since pretty much all commercial airliners have these.
2) There is a "ping sound" on the NGX? I'm pretty sure there isn't.You have no failures with it, it is how it works.
I see. I was pretty sure I heard those, but I checked again and it turns out that it was just the chime from the passenger signs when powering up the plane. I had always associated this with the "FMC dual op. restored" message that appears pretty much at the same time.Anyway, thanks for shedding some light into this.

FMC dual op. restored is however not an alert message, eventually if sounds are present, they are only for alert messages ("Hey!something is going wrong here") but it is not present on all aircrafts.