Sign in to follow this  
wb5okj

When you get tired of flying

If you get tired of flying one particular aircraft, but you can't find another that flies more realistically, ( the F33A Bonanza in mind), let me recommend Javier Rollon's T34C Mentor. Not only is it a fun aircraft to fly, it is a very good practice aircraft too. This plane is faster than the F33 and in the landing phase, you have to be more precise. It's a little slower to trim, but there again good practice learning to trim properly in X-Plane. A cavet, get the gear up as soon as you are airborne, very easy to overspeed the landing gear if you are full throttle at takeoff.

The T-34 is beautiful, but i find that it is a little too overpowered and a little too unstable. I dont have the F33A but i mainly fly the crj or carenados 152.

Donald, might have to try the T-34. I have the T-28C, and it's a blast trying to set it down on the Nimitz, I've died so many times, more than a cat. I have a T28D Remote Control plane, 44" wing span, and it's probably my favourite to fly. The P51D shown in my avitar is just under 50" wing span, and although fun, it's quite a bit more to handle than the T28D.Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

The T-34 is beautiful, but i find that it is a little too overpowered and a little too unstable. I dont have the F33A but i mainly fly the crj or carenados 152.
I know what you mean, don't give it full throttle, 800 ft/lbs of torque is plenty, give lots of up trim before you start the takeoff roll, as soon as you are airborn, get that landing gear up before anything else, as you are going to bust the Landing gear speed very quickly. as soon as you are of the ground also start aileron trim right, trim till it quites rolling.Rembember on these powerful planes you don't use full throttle untill you are off the ground. In real life you firewall one of these planes you won;t be able to have enough right rudder to control it. Does have a learning curve, is different than a C172 we first trained in. :(
Donald, might have to try the T-34. I have the T-28C, and it's a blast trying to set it down on the Nimitz, I've died so many times, more than a cat. I have a T28D Remote Control plane, 44" wing span, and it's probably my favourite to fly. The P51D shown in my avitar is just under 50" wing span, and although fun, it's quite a bit more to handle than the T28D.Glen
Howdy Glen,I don't have the T28, and it has been discontinued. I don't remember off hand who did the T28 but I'll bet you will like Rollons T34CI used to build model airplanes, but never did get into the RC phase of it. I know it is a blast though.

I think the developer of the 28C are setting up there own website. From what I've read it's not up yet.I get a blast out of flying my RC T28 inverted, so as soon as I got it in Xplane I had to try the same. Took off, got a few thousand feet up and snapped her over, had to push the yoke forward rather quickly. It was a lot of fun, and although a long way from reality, I got a chance to see what it looked like from inside the cockpit, instead of just on the ground with my controller. I should get my joystick hooked up for when I want to fly the 28, doesn't seem right with a yoke.Were going through a update phase on the CRJ-200 at the moment (not me, the developers), thanks guys, wil get the 34C after that. Is your hanger ever full..........Glen

Edited by Muskoka

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

@MuskokaOf course not. I'm a GA man myself, but I may have to get Rollons CRJ anyway just to learn the systems, was witing for the IEGX(sic) 737, but looks like it will be a while on that one. Sorry to the rest of the developers, that will be my one and only airliner. :(

Edited by wb5okj

I agree Donald,The Mentor is a Beautiful immersive aircraft,I find I'm picking it more and more over everything else in my GA Hanger.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick