Sign in to follow this  
ABE

RWY12

I posted the following in the FSX forum, because I used RWY12 in both FS9 and FSX.Anybody using Rwy12? I have been using Rwy12 for a couple of years. I have the files in Addon Scenery and Static Objects Library. It has been working just fine. All of a sudden, it is NOT working.Could somebody tell me about their continued success of using RWY12 with FSX, and if the files have to be relocated. There is a mention of placing the files in MAIN C: drive. But I am not sure that would work. I installedalso Dotnetfx Net framework and MSXML4 as suggested....to no avail. Anybody using RWY12 in FS9? Where did you install the RWY12 files? Installing them in the ADDON folder is not working!!Appreciate any help and comment. Thanks.Abe

I have RWY12 in FS9 and have had it for several years. The static objects library is added as a separate scenery layer within added scenery, then the program itself is outside of the FS directory. After compiling the bgl files in the program, I usually move them into their own scenery folder and activate as normal, or I add the bgl to an existing folder if I am just enhancing some other scenery... Works just fine though in all situations.I have no experience of using it with FSX.Geoff

I have RWY12 in FS9 and have had it for several years. The static objects library is added as a separate scenery layer within added scenery, then the program itself is outside of the FS directory. After compiling the bgl files in the program, I usually move them into their own scenery folder and activate as normal, or I add the bgl to an existing folder if I am just enhancing some other scenery... Works just fine though in all situations.I have no experience of using it with FSX.Geoff
Thanks Geoff. Is there a way you can send me a couple of your BGL files that you created using Rwy12? Do they function ok by themselves as long as they are ACTIVATED? Do you just put them in a FOLDER/scenery with NO texture folder? How about all the files within RWY12, are they needed, once the BGL file is created? Please let me know.Thanks.Abe

Hi Abe,I'm not able to access my FS PC for a few days as I am travelling, but basically yes, the generated BGL file goes in a scenery folder that is activated and does not require a texture folder. The RWY12 BGL is just a 'map' to tell the sim to place objects from the Static Objects Library. This does have to be in the scenery library (perhaps it has to be below the new created scenery?) and does have both a 'scenery' and a 'texture' folder, since it's there that the actual object models reside... Hope that helps.PS. When I downloaded RWY12 (a good while ago) it did come with enough documentation to make all this fairly clear : http://www.rwy12.com/rwy12/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=7Good luck with it!Geoff

But . . .If the bgl file is fine but the object library is missing or in a place not identified in the scenery.cfg file, you will see nothing. Absence of a library file gives no errors, the item just doesn't show.It may be a good idea to check that the library files are present and activated as that could be the problem here.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

I'm not able to access my FS PC for a few days as I am travelling, but basically yes, the generated BGL file goes in a scenery folder that is activated and does not require a texture folder. The RWY12 BGL is just a 'map' to tell the sim to place objects from the Static Objects Library. This does have to be in the scenery library (perhaps it has to be below the new created scenery?) and does have both a 'scenery' and a 'texture' folder, since it's there that the actual object models reside... Hope that helps.PS. When I downloaded RWY12 (a good while ago) it did come with enough documentation to make all this fairly clear : http://www.rwy12.com...wdownload&cid=7If the bgl file is fine but the object library is missing or in a place not identified in the scenery.cfg file, you will see nothing. Absence of a library file gives no errors, the item just doesn't show.It may be a good idea to check that the library files are present and activated as that could be the problem here.John

• rep_up.png
  • rep_down.png

ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_2240202', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_2240202', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '2240202' }, parseInt('0') );http://www.adventure-unlimited.orThank you Geoff and John. You gave me lots of guidelines, I'll check both websites when I have some time. I also downloaded a 52-meg executable program that should install everything in its appropriate location. First I need to backup my FS9 and FSX folders. Then follow through with all the suggestions very carefully. I know it worked once before with FS9 and FSX, and should hopefully work again. As soon as I get things going, I'll post it. Of course, I am always open for suggestions etc.................Thanks.Abe