Sign in to follow this  
JonathanW

Panel issue

I don't know maybe its a coincidence that it happend right as I installed FS2Crew. The only other change I have made to the computer since I built it was I got a new 27" monitor. The new monitor runs at a 16:9 ratio and my old one ran at a 16:10 ratio. I believe PMDG designs their 2D panels for a 16:10 ratio. I have seen simialr problems when I resize my 767 2D panels. I aborted my first flight when I saw the problem. The second attemp when I went for a fresh start my FCP, VC overhead, VC displays and fs2crew secondary panel all got distorted and then recovered, some of them multiple times, without any intervention by me. By the end of my 11 hour flight everything was normal. I am at a loss.Edit: I think I may try running my monitor at 1680X1050 resolution for a while and see if the problem goes away. I'll lose a little width but almost no height.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

It's not really enough data to be conclusive but I set my resolution to 1680X1050 (a 16:10 resolution) and then went through the 45 minute preflight for fs2crew switching between VC and 2D and opening and closing the fs2crew panels and has no problems. my monitors native resolution is 1920X1080.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

It's not really enough data to be conclusive but I set my resolution to 1680X1050 (a 16:10 resolution) and then went through the 45 minute preflight for fs2crew switching between VC and 2D and opening and closing the fs2crew panels and has no problems. my monitors native resolution is 1920X1080.
Do you think that the problem is "fixable" in a small patch or would it take long time?

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

I don't know if they are done updating the MD11 yet or not. Of course I'm not 100% sure that is the problem without testing it a lot more.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I don't know if they are done updating the MD11 yet or not. Of course I'm not 100% sure that is the problem without testing it a lot more.
Do you know what the correct way is to show them this? I sent them a ticket and all I got was that I have an FSX error, It's pitty that Ryan and RSR don't look here anymore,

Manfred G.

This is the first time i see this incident on ATI GPUs. All events as far i noticed them happened on Nvidia GPUs including my own experience with it.I have seen this on my MD-11 without running FS2Crew. I can force it often switching between 2D and VC with active panel-lights. By minimizing and maximizing FSX again it will be fixed.And i have seen this on the NGX once shortly after release. In this case not the MCP got distorted but the DUs were all doubled. I would not think this is related to FS2Crew,

I really can't say for sure what is causing it. My signature is out of date. I'm not running the Radeon card any more. I haven't flown the MD-11 much with my new 16:9 monitor. It could be the problem just happened to hapen right after I installed fs2crew. I have flown the MD-11 a lot with my old 16:10 monitor and the GTX-570 and I never had the problem. Maybe its a combination of running the GTX-570 and the 16:9 resolution. Without something more definitive I really don't know a good way to report this problem.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I really can't say for sure what is causing it. My signature is out of date. I'm not running the Radeon card any more. I haven't flown the MD-11 much with my new 16:9 monitor. It could be the problem just happened to hapen right after I installed fs2crew. I have flown the MD-11 a lot with my old 16:10 monitor and the GTX-570 and I never had the problem. Maybe its a combination of running the GTX-570 and the 16:9 resolution. Without something more definitive I really don't know a good way to report this problem.
Tomsame here:now: 570 GTX and 16:9 Monitor (1920x1080)before: 285 GTX and 16:10 Monitor (1680x1050) = no visual errors with the MD-11sounds like a clue :(

Guys,

Same here as well with a 16:9 monitor and GTX 570.. .I get the doubling up on the 2D panels and when I switch from 2D to VC to 2D this will fix it sometimes, and sometimes if I minimize FSX via ALT-TAB (I run in full screen), and then bring it back up, this will, in most cases, fix it.

Seems it happens most when switching from VC to 2D; and it always ONLY affects the 2D panels. Never the VC. I can fly all night fine in the VC.

It's pretty disheartening when it happens because I know I'm gonna have to jump through a hoop or two to try and get it back to normal in the middle of my flight. Thank goodness this hasn't happened yet on approach!

The 16:10 theory sounds plausable; wondering if there's a .cfg tweak that can be adjusted for this... PMDG?

Thanks!

Quick question, what happens to you people if you delete FSX.cfg (with backup of course)? For me when FSX generated a new one it totally screwed up my system by making wings come from all parts of the airplane. Anyway, according to Ryan I have a FSX error but I disagree since everything works except the 2D panel. Btw, I have found out that I usually get at night and almost never during daylight, someone who can confirm?

Guys,

Same here as well with a 16:9 monitor and GTX 570.. .I get the doubling up on the 2D panels and when I switch from 2D to VC to 2D this will fix it sometimes, and sometimes if I minimize FSX via ALT-TAB (I run in full screen), and then bring it back up, this will, in most cases, fix it.

Seems it happens most when switching from VC to 2D; and it always ONLY affects the 2D panels. Never the VC. I can fly all night fine in the VC.

It's pretty disheartening when it happens because I know I'm gonna have to jump through a hoop or two to try and get it back to normal in the middle of my flight. Thank goodness this hasn't happened yet on approach!

The 16:10 theory sounds plausable; wondering if there's a .cfg tweak that can be adjusted for this... PMDG?

Thanks!

For me the most effective way of fixing it is just resizing the 2D panel a few millimeters. It may come back directly after but you are fine for a few seconds.

Manfred G.

I've only had it happen at night but I have had my VC overhead have weirdness in the buttons. The resizing trick always works for me. I have this problem very rarely and so far it has happened exclusively while running FS2Crew at the same time and again only at night.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I've only had it happen at night but I have had my VC overhead have weirdness in the buttons. The resizing trick always works for me. I have this problem very rarely and so far it has happened exclusively while running FS2Crew at the same time and again only at night.

As I think about it, you guys are right, it does only happen at night (or more so) as far as I can remember. That doesn't mean that I haven't had it happen during daylight hours; it's just that all the times I can seem to recall have been at night.