Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

OpenCockpits MCP and EFIS now both works with PMDG 737 NGX

Hi,Just wanted start a new topic to annonce that both MCP and EFIS from OpenCockpits are now fully working with the execellent PMDG NGX we all love.This is done as I cant edit the first post of my origninal Opencockpits post which has grown loong.The PMDX is a delight to fly without mouseclicking.https://docs.google....jU5MmRiNmQ1Nzlihappy autopiloting

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Hey RoarFantasticThanks alot for thatIanEdit: Just went to your download page. That seems to me to be the same files as before. Nothing for the EFIS.Maybe I am wrong?

Edited by ICMC

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

Hey RoarFantasticThanks alot for thatIanEdit: Just went to your download page. That seems to me to be the same files as before. Nothing for the EFIS.Maybe I am wrong?
Sorry for this download mess from google.mapsSearch for "OpenCockpit" on Avsim's file libraryBoth MCP and EFIS should be there.

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

RoarWhat does the config File line look like now? Do I need to get both files in one row and devide them wioth a comma?I am unable to get efis working.Thx IanAnd thx for that. I found the files in the Avsim Library

Edited by ICMC

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

Do both the scripts have to be put together somehow?Thx Ian

Edited by ICMC

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

Hi IanYou can try this... no promises.Change the .txt filename extender to .ssi (avsim does not like .ssi extender for an attached file)Its the SIOC.ssi combined for the MCP and EFIS.So your sioc.ini CONFIG_FILE=.\Scripts\NGXMCPEFIS.ssi or such.and[MASTERS]MASTER=0,5,1,11MASTER=1,7,1,43 change those last numbers to suit your device numbers.and note that I have MCP is device 0 and EFIS is device 1 Lua files and FSUIPC.ini entries as supplied by Roarkr The VOR LOC and APP buttons on the MCP not working yet I think, but everything else is working.. the EFIS 100%

Hi IanYou can try this... no promises.Change the .txt filename extender to .ssi (avsim does not like .ssi extender for an attached file)Its the SIOC.ssi combined for the MCP and EFIS.So your sioc.iniCONFIG_FILE=.ScriptsNGXMCPEFIS.ssi or such.and[MASTERS]MASTER=0,5,1,11MASTER=1,7,1,43 change those last numbers to suit your device numbers.and note that I have MCP is device 0 and EFIS is device 1 Lua files and FSUIPC.ini entries as supplied by Roarkr The VOR LOC and APP buttons on the MCP not working yet I think, but everything else is working.. the EFIS 100%
Hi JohnThx for that but that didn't work. Did as you said but get error in the SIOCAccess violation address 0047879 in module 'sioc.exe'So didn't work for meBut thx anyhowIan

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

I have tried to use the EFIS just by itself and I can't get the EFIS to work. The MCP works fine. It's a treat.Best would be if all would work. That would make my dayThx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

1. Hi does anyone know if the Go Flight MCP not the Pro version will work with the PMDG 737 NGX?

Edited by rfelger

UPS123.png

Hi Ian You can try this... no promises. Change the .txt filename extender to .ssi (avsim does not like .ssi extender for an attached file) Its the SIOC.ssi combined for the MCP and EFIS. So your sioc.ini CONFIG_FILE=.ScriptsNGXMCPEFIS.ssi or such. and [MASTERS] MASTER=0,5,1,11 MASTER=1,7,1,43 change those last numbers to suit your device numbers. and note that I have MCP is device 0 and EFIS is device 1 Lua files and FSUIPC.ini entries as supplied by Roarkr The VOR LOC and APP buttons on the MCP not working yet I think, but everything else is working.. the EFIS 100%
Can't seem to get anything to work...I've tried all the scripts out there...don't really understand what to do with the LUA files either and what I need to add to the FSUIPC4.ini...kinda confusing as in the SIOC.ini the MCP (0) is listed first and then the EFIS (1) but in the FSUIPC4.ini the EFIS is listed first or does that make any difference...can anybody help a super newb???...much thanks in advance!!!Steve Leingang

Steve,Please read the following threadhttp://forum.avsim.n...y/page__st__150Mind you: This is where you will find the scripts/ini's for Opencockpits MCP and EFIS.The latest fsuipc and other ini's can be found through post by RoarkThe lastest combined lua can be found through a post by crankpinAs far as i know these scripts do not work with GoFlight modules

Edited by killerbee1958

Steve, Please read the following thread http://forum.avsim.n...y/page__st__150 Mind you: This is where you will find the scripts/ini's for Opencockpits MCP and EFIS. The latest fsuipc and other ini's can be found through post by Roark The lastest combined lua can be found through a post by crankpin As far as i know these scripts do not work with GoFlight modules
Thanks for the info killerbee1958!...think I tried those but will check again...when using the new combined script, I could never get the script for the MCP (Device 1) to show up in the SIOC window, just EFIS (Device 2)...will try again as I'm anxious to get my Opencockpits modules up and running with my awesome NGX!!!Thanks again!!!Steve Leingang

I could never get the script for the MCP (Device 1) to show up in the SIOC window, just EFIS (Device 2)...
Hi Steve I see you've found the other thread as Fred posted above, thats the 'main' thread for this OC stuff.The issue you describe in the quote is due to incorrect device assignment in your sioc.ini .... would be my first guess.

Hi Steve I see you've found the other thread as Fred posted above, thats the 'main' thread for this OC stuff.The issue you describe in the quote is due to incorrect device assignment in your sioc.ini .... would be my first guess.
Hey crankpin!...Fred, with additional help from roarkr, got me up and running but minus a few buttons on the MCP...for some strange reason, VNAV, LVL CHG, HDG SEL, LNAV, VOR LOC and APP do not work if selected on the OC MCP...selecting within the sim works fine, even the LEDs light up on the OC MCP...very strange...even roarkr is baffled...any suggestions?Cheers!Steve

Hi SteveHmm if Roarkr is baffled I'd be totally lost.That only those buttons don't work, is strange. I'd suspect a verson problem with one of the sioc or lua files.At this stage with sp1c (hours ?) away I'd wait for that to possibly break it for all of us .... we'll see.