Sign in to follow this  
Nktitleist13

Voice not working

So I have the iFLY 737 and FS2crew (FS9) Windows 7 I have a Logitec USB Headset/MicNow it worked PERFECTLY for quite some time..... the other day.... with the computer shut off.... I unplugged the USB headset to use with my PS3... when finished.. i plugged it back in.. and made NO OTHER CHANGE on or to my computer..Now it wont work... I can run the FS2crew but NO voice commands work.

Does the Voice Button on the Main Panel Stay on?
No Bryan it doesnn't. It flickers when I press it but won't light as it should do.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi Dave,You emailed me the other day saying:Great news Bryan!!I completely uninstalled 'Sapi', rebooted, installed Sapi, went throught the voice recognition thing and BINGO!!!!! It's working again.Dave.So Try re-installing SAPI again if that's how you solved it before.Better yet, dump XP and upgarde to Win 7 64.Cheers,

Hi Dave,You emailed me the other day saying:Great news Bryan!!I completely uninstalled 'Sapi', rebooted, installed Sapi, went throught the voice recognition thing and BINGO!!!!! It's working again.Dave.So Try re-installing SAPI again if that's how you solved it before.Better yet, dump XP and upgarde to Win 7 64.Cheers,
Hi Bryan,Yes I am now using Win 7 64 and have loaded additionally FS9 too. The voice function still doesen't work though as described previously? I assumed that 'Voice recognition' would be needed so I went through that sequence, however on reading your manual, it says don't enable it on startup wich I have done.I assumed that W7 would solve these issues? :(The computer (old) that I did get it to work with has now expired, hence the move.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Yep, done all that was instructed in the manual.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dave,Pls email me your speech init log... it'll be in App Data.Link will be in the manual.Email: admin *** at **** fs2crew.comThanks,
I have sent you a couple of jpgs. Bryan showing the problem trying to find the speech log. I checked the manual as directed and typed out the search to the letter but no joy :(See picture please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

I'm available during the week Bryan. I'm on Teamspeak 3 and Skype for comms. PM me so we can arrange it please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

As a follow up:I did a remote desktop with the user.He had a program called "System Mechanic" installed.This programs try to optimize user's registries, and it appears to damage Microsoft's speech recognition system (SAPI).We've seen this problem before with others users who suddenly found that voice no longer worked after running System Mechanic.It's not just FS2Crew that's affected, it's any 3rd party party program that uses the Microsoft speech recognition system.Solution it seems to to re-install Win 7 or do a system restore.Cheers,

I have this problem too on my Win 7 64 OS with Fs2Crew q400 voice control - other third party I.e ATCSimulator2, and Word all work fine, and yes, it is set up for English- US. Just how many of us are out there with this "System Mechanic" issue? Surely there is a workaround somewhere. (I uninstalled SM years ago - fixed speech recognition ( I forget how! ) and never looked back until installing Fs2Crew Q400. The error seems to be quite generic when searching on the error code for a solution - hence no luck so far. Have re- downloaded, re- installed, and really really tried to fix this myself. As SR is working for other apps I am extremely averse to re- installing Win 7 and many many gigabytes of FS9 and FSX (and the rest). This one really does seem to have fallen between the cracks.

From our experience, anyone who installs System Mechanic winds up breaking their speech recognition system's ability to interface with FS2Crew and some other 3rd party programs that use speech recognition.

I've contacted the System Mechanic developers, they acknowledge the issue, but they never do anything about it I'm afraid.

Solution, unless someone has found something better (please let me know if you have!), is to re install your OS cleanly or do a system restore.

FYI, these registry cleaners are often a bit of a waste.  And they cause more more harm than good often.

I never run them and my computer hums along perfectly.