Sign in to follow this  
boeing247

Sensitivity and Null zone variables

I have this odd problem where any adjustments I make to the FSX in-game settings are deleted the next time I run FSX. I haven't found a way to stop it, but I found out that if I close FSX and FSX Booster, which I'm using (I think that when FSX Booster saves the fsx.cfg file, it overwrites the FSX settings, but that doesn't explain why the standard.xml file was overwritten), and then edit whatever configuration file I need to manually, the change saves. However, I currently need to change the sensitivity and null zone on my joystick, but I don't know what file that would be in. I can't find it in the fsx.cfg or Standard.xml. Anybody know?Thanks,boeing247

Are you unplugging your equipment? Disconnecting and reconnecting your joystick, yoke... can lead to this. Also, consider using FSUIPC to handle this stuff.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

No, I haven't been unplugging the joystick. What do you mean "using FSUIPC"? Just having it installed, or is there actually something I can do with the program itself? I have the unregistered version because it's necessary for a lot of addons I have, but I really don't know much about it.

And while I'd like to fix the whole problem, I mainly just quickly want to know what file the sensitivity and null zone variables are in.Edit: I was looking around in the FSX Booster program folder and found out that FSX Booster indeed stops FSX settings from being stored while it's running

Edited by boeing247

Guest jahman

You really need to get FSUIPC4 and use t to assign all your hardware. You can even assign ahrdware differently epr aircraft and FSUIPC4 will automatically switch your configuration when you lad the neew aircraft. And so much more. Use John Cook's FSUIPC4 Guide.Cheers,- jahman.

I have this odd problem where any adjustments I make to the FSX in-game settings are deleted the next time I run FSX. I haven't found a way to stop it, but I found out that if I close FSX and FSX Booster, which I'm using (I think that when FSX Booster saves the fsx.cfg file, it overwrites the FSX settings, but that doesn't explain why the standard.xml file was overwritten), and then edit whatever configuration file I need to manually, the change saves. However, I currently need to change the sensitivity and null zone on my joystick, but I don't know what file that would be in. I can't find it in the fsx.cfg or Standard.xml. Anybody know?Thanks,boeing247
I hav'nt used this program for a long while but I seem to remember there was somthing in the documentation re the default option was not saving any fsx settings and therefore it reverts back to the default FSXBooster settings after exiting fsx, I also have in my mind there was a option in the config settings for this program to check if you wanted to save 'in-game sttings' , but maybe it was only in the early versions but check to see if it is option anyway.bob

There is a "Keep FSX Settings" option, but it doesn't seem to work. However, now that I know what the problem is, I just run FSX by itself to change settings, and then run it with FSX Booster.