Sign in to follow this  
frankla

Does anyone know if AI is included with the initial Hawaii release?

I have just become aware of the this new "Flight" program.I play "World of Tanks" and it is a free download game. This could be a lot like it. If you want something you can play the game and make points, long grind, or you can use real dollars and get it quick. It just seems like WOT for planes. And "World of Airplanes" will be out soon also by the same creator as WOT.

or you fly alone in perfect solitude
There could be another DLC ATC version - one you need for flying alone off-line. It probably will be the same as what is now in FS9/X. So, you could be off-line and have ATC (if you bought the DLC). You're right, you would be flying alone and the ATC would only have you as a customer, unless you also buy the AI DLC. That would have to be sold by region to match up with the expansion packs. MS couldn't sell just one world-wide AI package, because they would not know which geographical areas you had purchased to fly in.Now if you wanted to fly both on and off line, the stand alone DLC ATC would have to be compatible with the other AI client download you need for on-line flying. But MS is good at making different programs work well together with no glitches.

jay you are envisioning a highly sophisticated feature attached to a rush job that was due out in spring and will be out in 20 days...

IMHO, Flight was planned to be out last year, but was pushed to this Spring and now the deadline of Feb 29 was set to see what will actually happen when people other than FSX/FS9 users get their hands on it. The vast majority of comments everywhere is from simulator enthusiasts and 95% of them don't think much of Flight. Unless MS top management is blind, they must be questioning the direction they set for Flight. I think someone wants to know what the reality of the market is and they want to see it now!

IMHO, Flight was planned to be out last year, but was pushed to this Spring and now the deadline of Feb 29 was set to see what will actually happen when people other than FSX/FS9 users get their hands on it. The vast majority of comments everywhere is from simulator enthusiasts and 95% of them don't think much of Flight. Unless MS top management is blind, they must be questioning the direction they set for Flight. I think someone wants to know what the reality of the market is and they want to see it now!
I don't see how they can find the reality of the market. How can Microsoft expect us to decide to jump on board if they won't tell us what the product will be? I have no problem with buying content, but I won't start if I know that there won't be a continuous globe coverage in advance.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.