Sign in to follow this  
DetCord

Could Use Some Help

Hoping you guys can help me out here. I'm getting a lot of CTD's while flying. Typically they occur within 15-25 minutes following takeoff and at present, I have no idea as to the cause.FSX ver. - FSX Gold EditionOS - Win7 64 bitInstall Location - Program Files (x86)Here are a few event logs.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x00aa41b8Faulting process id: 0x1b1cFaulting application start time: 0x01cce5c9e701ce96Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: unknownReport Id: 08429155-51c5-11e1-b1ee-14dae91a9fcf
Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x00100000Faulting process id: 0x1b64Faulting application start time: 0x01cce510c24025e2Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: unknownReport Id: 1474343f-510b-11e1-9f19-14dae91a9fcf
Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 6.0.5840.16386, time stamp: 0x45398e5fException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x0001dd8dFaulting process id: 0x1a24Faulting application start time: 0x01cce50b063548e3Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\uiautomationcore.dllReport Id: e762d7d4-5101-11e1-9f19-14dae91a9fcf

Google: uiautomationcore.dlland you are going to replace yours with another version.That should take care of things.

Google: uiautomationcore.dlland you are going to replace yours with another version.That should take care of things.
I've already downloaded that specific dll and have placed it in the FSX directory. The last error report lists the UIautomationcore.dll at the very bottom. If it has to be replaced, how do you determine which one it is? It's my understanding, that the specific dll in question is just a Vista 32x dll and if thats the case, there can't be that many versions. Edited by DetCord

Guest firehawk44
I've already downloaded that specific dll and have placed it in the FSX directory. The last error report lists the UIautomationcore.dll at the very bottom.
I love it! Another indication this .dll "fix" does not work. When is everyone going to learn the uiautomationcore.dll is NOT the solution to every CTD! Google the Exception Code 0xc0000005 - Memory Exception error. CTD's are related to system memory configurations. Since you get the CTD's around 30 minutes after starting up FSX, I would also check out system overheating or overclocking, as applicable. Also make sure you have run Windows update and MS dotnet is up-to-date. Make sure you have MS Visual's C++ redistributables 2005 to 2010 installed (check your Add/Remove Programs). Go Fly!Best regards,Jim

Faulting module path: C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator Xuiautomationcore.dll

Guest jahman
If it has to be replaced, how do you determine which one it is?
See here.Cheers,- jahman.

Thanks gents, I'll look into the other dll files. I do wonder though, if perhaps having it installed in the x86 directory has anything to do with it...

I love it! Another indication this .dll "fix" does not work. When is everyone going to learn the uiautomationcore.dll is NOT the solution to every CTD! Google the Exception Code 0xc0000005 - Memory Exception error. CTD's are related to system memory configurations. Since you get the CTD's around 30 minutes after starting up FSX, I would also check out system overheating or overclocking, as applicable. Also make sure you have run Windows update and MS dotnet is up-to-date. Make sure you have MS Visual's C++ redistributables 2005 to 2010 installed (check your Add/Remove Programs). Go Fly!Best regards,Jim
The fact remains that FSX wasn't designed to run in Win7/64's native run-time environment. Contrary to what most people believe, the are major differences between Win7 and the primary OS platform it was designed to run on, that being Vista. Furthermore, I think it's important to point out that that specific dll can fail/cease to run after 20 mouse clicks. It has something to do with rsp usage in-which FSX ceases to utilize it and returns to its initial RTE. Just food for thought.

Numerous attempts to resolve this issue haven't succeeded. At this point, FSX is just taking up space and I'll most likely uninstall it. I appreciate the help nonetheless, gents.