Sign in to follow this  
Jive1

Flatten

Hey!I used always Flattex to flatten some areas in mij FS9 on Win XP.Now, since I fly on Win7 this Flattex program which was very easy to use, does no longer work, I guess that Win7 is the reason why.Does anybody know a similar program for FS9 on Win 7?Please inform.ThanksGreetzJive1

forget about Flattex for flattens,you can only flatten north oriented rectangles with this tool.Use ADE9 1.50 or Sbuilder for flattens: there are polygons possible of any shape you like ..greetings from BavariaGuenther

Hey!Thanks for your advise....Where to find ADE9? Is it a program to be used by just flightsimmers and not by programmaers? I'm just well trained in Flightsim but not in programming....GreetzJive1

Hey!I meantime installed ADE....I can find how to make exclude files, but can't find how to make flatten files for when installing existing scenerythat show several areas that are not flat.....Can anybody give sgort explanation?GreetzJive1

Edited by Jive1

there is a button with a green polygon for flattens...(I hope it is not only for "Prokey users"...)
Unfortunately I think this is only in the FSX version of ADE ? (I do have a ProKey so that's not the issue)...Geoff

Unfortunately I think this is only in the FSX version of ADE ? (I do have a ProKey so that's not the issue)...Geoff
Hi.The flatten button (and its function) is built into the current free version and works in FS9 too.Cheers,D Edited by Dave_Morgan

Hi.The flatten button (and its function) is built into the current free version and works in FS9 too.Cheers,D
Well, look at that! :( I was still on v1.50.11 and it wasn't there in that version. That's a very useful feature to have - good news!Geoff

Well, None of aal the suggestions that have been done here is in my version of ADE, which is Application 01.50.1 Engine 04.12.2Ang I just see that there is an update, and got it, and it is now Application 01.50.4402.24937 Engine 04.50.4399.24259. Now I se the green polygon button. When I tested same, I can make now pôlygons which become then grass color and which I can flatten.Thank you for thr information.I have a new problem now: when I open an existing airport with AF2-file.. How do I open that file and eventually make a flatten polygon?GreetzJive1

Hey!There is however a problem when I try to make flatten file in ADE: it saves the result in a AD2-file.When I start from an existing AF2-file and want to flatten on that basis, I can't obtain an AF2-file,nor can I obtain some file with only the flatten information, but instead of that I must "add" a new file which is then AD2-format to the scenery...Or is there another way?Anyhow, presently I can't find this as a good solution for my problem.With Flattex everything goes smoothly in FS9....My insisting question is still: how can I manage that Flattex works well for FS9 when using Win7 as the OS?GreetzJive1

Hi.You're sort of correct. If you click 'Save', ADE just saves all the airport data (including the flatten poly). You need also to compile the data into a bgl. (Or two bgls if you have a flatten.)In the 'File' menu, click 'Compile' and you'll get two bgls-- one containing the airport layout and another, with a very similar name, containing the flatten.To open an af2 file, in ADE's 'File' menu select 'Open airport from bgl' and navigate to the appropriate folder. Add the poly by clicking on the button then drawing the poly over the airport layout.Save if you want (it's a good backup) but compiling is just as simple. Just note that opening the compiled airport won't reload the flatten because that's in a separate bgl, and if you recompile again you may lose the flatten too so make a copy of it first.Regards,D

Hey!This is very very complicated when I compare to working with Flattex... for FS9!!!!I'm searching a method to use Flattex under Win7. It must be possible, but whem I try to start that program, which I'm using since many many years, it always says "Component 'COMCTL32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correct registered: a file is missing or invalid"So what I am looking for now is 1° a correct possibly new COMCTL32.OCX for the use under Win7, or 2° reregistering this COMCTL32.OCX, but none of them with succes up to now. I can't find a good new DLL nor do I succeed in reregistering the old file that worked correctly as long as I was working under WinXP...What can I do? Working with ADE seems indeed too complicated to me.... Sorry!GreetzJive1

Hey!When I try to reregister COMCTL32.OCX the answer is that COMCTL32.OCX may not be compattible with Windows 7. I have a 32-bit version of Win7.What to do now?GreetzJive1