Sign in to follow this  
oscar19681

pmdg 737NGX lock,freeze,black screen problem

If anyone's using ENB without any problems, It would be great if you could share the link where you downloaded it from.
Ditto...it would be nice to try someone else's suggestion for ENB. I get blue screens consistently when FSX is running with add-on scenery and weather with the ENB files I use. I have also kept up with graphics card drivers and windows 7 updates, and the problem persists. I too wonder if some ENB series files use too much system memory when running with FSX.

Just to give a final update. After reinstalling everything (and following PMDG's introduction document instructions to the dot), I've found that the problem is gone for me. I've installed new liveries and also tested increasing sim speed to 8x, then back again. no issues. just the occasional FSX crash, which is something i've learned to live with. probably a problem of a 32 bit app trying to run in a 64bit env. i just make sure to save periodically. I also do not have (nor am i even aware of) ENB series files. Not sure if any of my examples helped, but hope you get yours resolved soon too. good luck Oscar!

Jay,

I'm not sure if my previous post went through, so I'll try to type the same thing again:

I just download the 737NGX (800/900) and am having the same black screen issue that you and Oscar described, except that mine happens from changing views. I have not tried the 4x or 8x speed acceleration. My computer is really fast (as shown in my signature block) so it's not an issue of whether or not I have enough "horsepower" to run 737NGX.

In a previous post, you mentioned that you "uninstalled FSX from the Program Files directory and re-installed outside Program Files to C:FSX". How exactly did you do that? Did you just manually move the FSX folder from the Program Files directory to C: , or did you do a full uninstall and start all over with a fresh re-install to C:??

You also mentioned that you "updated FSX.cfg Graphics parameters (HIGHMEMFX=1 & TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096)" Again, please bear with me as I'm a newbie with this computer stuff, but how exactly did you do that? Where do I find the FSX.cfg Graphics parameters??

I understand that you used ******* Bajote's tweaking tool once you did all the above steps. Have you had any issues since your last post in early March this year??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

John B.

ATP, CFI, CFII, MEI

Type Ratings: Dassault Falcon DA50, DA2000

i7-2700K @ 3.5GHz (overclocked 20%), Asus P8Z68-V Pro, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600, nVidia GTX580 1.5GHz Superclocked, 240GB Kingston HyperX SSD, Asetek 550LC 120MM Cooler, Thermaltake TR2 RX-850 Power Supply, Coolermaster HAF 912 Mid Tower.

Windows 7 Pro 64

FSX Deluxe SP2

PMDG 737 NGX, Ultimate Traffic 2

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and throttle quadrant, CH Pro Pedals

Samsung 26" LCD

Guys,

I have just updated my PC to an all singing/dancing model which gives me practically smooth running at 30fps. However I too am having the same problems and found this post when searching for an answer. I was glad to hear I wasn't the only one with the problem.

If it helps, I would also mention that when I end the flight and return to the 'Free Fight' screen, the box showing the aircraft is also black (if black screen syndrome) or lack of detail if loss of graphics.

George

I recently purchased the NGX and I find I have the same problem. Anytime I minimize to access TOPCAT or ACARS I return to a black screen and messed up graphics. Has anyone found a solution?

Brad