Sign in to follow this  
oscar19681

pmdg 737NGX lock,freeze,black screen problem

Hello everybody , I bought the 737 - 800 / 900 ngx addon and its the greatest flightsim experience i had so far.But lately i,m having loads of problems with this software . In the beggining there were no problems exepect maybe the occasional FSX problem here and there. But lately i,m getting extremly frustrated . here are the problems i keep getting.When accerating time (max 8 x) the screen suddenly goes black but the progrem seems fine in task manager, no sound no menu, just a black screen but my pc is still working and the programs seems to be running normaly. I can end the flight and when in the free flight menu the window that shows the selected aircraft is also black untill i reload the 737ngx .lock ups many of them lately , out of nowhere the program freezes and thats the end of the flight.sometimes when starting the flight video recorder and sometimes without out of nowhere 70 % of the grafics disappear , cockpit gone and i see only strange lights and messud up graficssometimes when flying for no reason whatsoever my keyboard keys are messed up resulting in totally weird behavere because the key are mappen completly differently .It worked fine untill this week when ive been trying to fly from LIMC to EHEH and the problems have prevented me from ever reaching EHEH because sooner or later one of the problems listed ruins it for some reason.I havent done anything to the CFG , I havent changed anything, i havent messed with the setting , and i meet the required system requirements for the soaftware . I do load a plan in FSX allongside a plan in he FMC. Maybe this is the problem?

Edited by oscar19681

Yes and they dont allways cause problems . But i did a testrun and this time i did not use the fsx planner to plan a route and i did not run into any problems this time. I think it has to do with the software not liking a in fsx planned route allongside a route made in the FMC. But il will report back if any problems do accur.

I have the same problem and it's extremely frustrating.Can't finish a flight. Every time I change from "x8 Speed" back to "Normal Speed" I get a black screen. Every time I try to come back from looking at the map I get a black screen. Every time I try to change the time in flight I get a black screen.For the first few week or so, everything was fine, no problems but now it's every flight and it only ever happens with the PMDG NGX.I had ENB running for a while but removed it in hope of solving the problem. It didn't.I removed the PMDG script from the FSX config file and let the plan have permissions again when restarting FSX and that actually fixed the problem. But only for one flight. The next day, the black screen came back again after looking at the map.My system is very powerful and has no problem running the PMDG NGX in fact I usually get great smoothness. It's beautiful to fly.I hope someone comes up with a fix for this soon because a lot of people waited a very long time and paid a lot money for this aircraft. Is it worth the high price tag? Absolutely 100% It's the best thing that's ever happened to FSX.I just wish little bugs like this got nailed quickly because I'd really like to be able to land the bloody thing some day! lol.

Yep! i got the black screen again , his time also when chaning time to 8x and back . Like nopilot my system is powerfull enough to run pmdg but lately i get problems mainly the black screen and the grafics look messed up and there is now way to fix it it seems, Another problem i get from time to time is that fsx likes to mess up my keyboard setup in mid-flight resulting problems because for example the speedbrake suddenly becomes zoom out.

Yep! i got the black screen again , his time also when chaning time to 8x and back . Like nopilot my system is powerfull enough to run pmdg but lately i get problems mainly the black screen and the grafics look messed up and there is now way to fix it it seems, Another problem i get from time to time is that fsx likes to mess up my keyboard setup in mid-flight resulting problems because for example the speedbrake suddenly becomes zoom out.
What is your name?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Have had a couple of small wins but no real fix yet.I've found that switching back from x4 speed (as opposed to x8 speed) doesn't cause the graphics problems or black screens.Updating to the latest drivers (again) has stabalised things a little bit but not completely solved the problem. Now I can look at maps, change in flight time and switch between full screen and minimised screen about 70% of the time without problems.Where I am still get a problem is with using the FS Recorder "Instant Replay" which is a real big problem for me because I'm trying to make a few nice flight movies. Sometimes it's works great... other times it causes the black screen or other graphics issues.Again, I've only had these problems which the PMDG NGX 737-800.

Have had a couple of small wins but no real fix yet.I've found that switching back from x4 speed (as opposed to x8 speed) doesn't cause the graphics problems or black screens.Updating to the latest drivers (again) has stabalised things a little bit but not completely solved the problem. Now I can look at maps, change in flight time and switch between full screen and minimised screen about 70% of the time without problems.Where I am still get a problem is with using the FS Recorder "Instant Replay" which is a real big problem for me because I'm trying to make a few nice flight movies. Sometimes it's works great... other times it causes the black screen or other graphics issues.Again, I've only had these problems which the PMDG NGX 737-800.
What is your name?

Best Regards,

I just installed this morning and I would get freezing a few times as well. I thought it was FSX on Windows 7 problem but then I uninstalled the ship and it went well.

Jonathan,A new PC or did you upgrade an old PC?Did you follow the installation instructions in the PMDGNGX Introduction Manual?Were you using time acceleration in FSX?What other FS hardware / software do you have running?

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Nigel,"Can't finish a flight. Every time I change from "x8 Speed" back to "Normal Speed"".What happens if you do not use time acceleration for several flights?"My system is very powerful and has no problem running the PMDG NGX in fact I usually get great smoothness"Is your motherboard and or your video card "overclocked"?

Best Regards,

What happens if you do not use time acceleration for several flights?
I'm not sure what you're asking about in regards to not using time acceleration for several flights but no, I haven't run a flight without using it.Takeoffs, descent, approach and landings are the most interesting part of simming for me. Cruise is fine for a while but gets boring quick. Having said that... I have let the sim run in cruise for an hour or more with no negative effects but then as soon as I tried x8 time acceleration, the problem comes back.
Is your motherboard and or your video card "overclocked"?
Yep, My system is over-clocked but there's a few points to remember though...1. The problems only exist with the PMDG 737NGX (at this stage it's the only PMDG craft I have).2. I was able to fly the PMDG for about a week or so with no problems at all. Time acceleration, minimising and maximising the screen, looking at maps, changing weather/time all worked fine with no problems.3. I tried clocking the PC back to stock settings and still had the same problems.For the life of me... I can't figure out what changed that created the instability.

Nigel,If you do not use time acceleration and do not overclock your PC is PMDGNGX and FSX ok?"I was able to fly the PMDG for about a week or so with no problems at all".Right. I owned a computer repair company ... IMO, some of your PC components are ... well, stressed. That is why I asked about ... overclocking.Anyway, IMO, you need to take another look at you total system configuration (hardwar/software/heat/maxed out settings).

Best Regards,

If you do not use time acceleration and do not overclock your PC is PMDGNGX and FSX ok?
Ahh sorry, I'd misunderstood what you meant.If I do not use time acceleration, or look at maps, etc (anything that changes the screen) then there are no problems.Here's my system: http://www.overclock.net/t/294838/the-cooler-master-690-club/13550#post_11247724I'm fairly sure it's a software issue as the same problem exists when running all hardware at stock settings.