Sign in to follow this  
haztronic

How is there still none?!

Mm, at least I havent had any problems. Only that kind of problem I am ware of is that Wilco products may mess up your dll.xml file which causes many complicated addons such as PMDG ones to stop working, but it happens only sometimes so you can have both Wilco and PMDG same time, just backup your dll.xml file before installing new wilco product, and if it gets messed up just revert to backup one, reinstall wilco product and see if it works that time then.

Agree that the Airbus is long overdue for FS and it was a real pity that the Airsimmer fell at the last furlong as the sound package, exterior and VC model is absolutely superb. When I could actually get it in the air (not that often, due to the many bugs) it was a peach to hand fly - on landing you could just point it at the runway, leave it there and it'd hold the attitude perfectly all the way down. Airbus X again looks the biz but is really just the default A321 in a posh frock. My hopes are high for FS Labs - 3rd time lucky with an Airbus, perhaps?

Edited by BenW

I agree, Ben. I bought Airsimmer for FS9 back when I had a terrible machine and it destroyed my frames. Now I'm using FSX and so can't use it and instead use the Airbus X. Once their 'extended' edition comes out, it should be a great aircraft.

I think PMDG touched on the subject (thought I saw an article some time ago but I could be wrong). Basically like everyone said, there are too many hurdles-- not just the Fly by wire, but with the different flight modes that aren't possible with FSX. I Aerosoft has been working on upgrading the Airbus X, but that has been a while coming-- and who knows...