Sign in to follow this  
TreeTopFlyer

New SimPit, 42" Bigscreen-24" Sides.. Need help With Video Setting

So Im a PPL that just loves flying so much, I thought I would put myself together a nice simulator both for fun and to practice ILS approaches and be able to take an IFR lesson, then be able to hone my skills for a few days before we move onto something else in the training program... Well, I saved up my pennies and put together a pretty nice setup (which honestly was more work that I forcasted for). My setup is a 4' wide, 5' tall, and 6' long box basically, which I was able to mount a 42"LCD 1080p front display, 2 x 24", and a 15" for I-Panel... Im running a brand new HP H8-1020 i7-2600s Processor at 3.3 ghz, 8gb DDR3 ram, Radeon HD 6570 w/1GB ram and Radeon 5450 w/1GB ram, 1TB hard drive, and Windows 7... I also have TRACKIR5 but dont know if Ill use it yet.. The 6570 came with the computer, and 5450 installed with no issues..I can get all screens working, and am able to move windows from fsx to all of them using the undocking meathod, but when all 4 are connected, it is for sure unplayable.. 3 screens are better but only on medium settings.. Im fairly technically savy, work for ISP installing internet and wireless systems for buisness.. I know I can do this.. I have to do this,,, it will make my IFR ticket much easier to obtain and will get better score on my Checkride.. The issues I need resolved (most of which I wasnt able to find another post on the subject) are as follows..1. The lag, is terrible, and Im sure theres something I can do to help out with this issue..... optimistic huh?2. I have the two side screens setup more like a window on each side, so when I loose the horizon, I can look out the windows and keep the horizon on VFR flights.. I notices that all the screens still show the Virtual Cockpit,, as in, I can see the windowframes, and the Virtual cockpit for the main and I Panel also,, how do I get only 2D? might be less of a load on the system I think...3. The bottom section of the Bigscreen is behind the Instrument Panel, and out of view,, is there a way to increase the field of view of the main display, even if it takes a little from the bottom? Would I be better off returning the big screen and get 2 more 24"s or 32"s instead for the main display? only thing is that there would be a line in the middle where they meet ( lots of airplanes have 2 windows anyways).. 4. Since I diddnt have to mess wit eyefinity or crossfire to get it to work,,, are they disabled? are there any programs that can help me ?Please any help would be well.... helpful

I don't know if the size of the screen makes any difference. What views are you using on each monitor? The 3D view takes up a lot of resources if you are using that on all of your monitors. With out using eyefinity or something that does the same thing, I don't think one computer can power more than 3 displays, at least with a single video card.For a dedicated setup like this, you need more resources, like an SDD drive, or a fast hd like the Velocoraptorhttp://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Velociraptor-10000-Desktop/dp/tags-on-product/B003FW9T0MI would dedicate one hd to FSX and the utilities for it, and another for the OS and everything else.For video, at least a dual video card with crossfire, or maybe a professional grade video card like Nvidia Quadro, as these are made specifically for 3D modeling.My plans are to run the instruments that output to the smaller monitors on a separate computer with WideFS and something like Project Magenta Wideview or FsXpand, and GPSout to a moving map program.I've heard that computers with more cores handle multi monitors better, so I wonder if an 8-core AMD cpu wouldn't work better. Don't skimp on the cooling either.More info on using multi networked computers:http://home.wxs.nl/~jarkest/fs/fsnetworking.html