Sign in to follow this  
HV-01

altimeter stays yellow in display

Hello,When i set my altimeter then it is green.and when i am start flying it turns into yellow.And when i push the STD on the baro knob it becomes green (STD).What am i doing wrong.kind regards,

Hello,When i set my altimeter then it is green.and when i am start flying it turns into yellow.And when i push the STD on the baro knob it becomes green (STD).What am i doing wrong.kind regards,
sounds, good to me(:

Hello Daniel,At first it stayed green until i reached FL180 then it turned into yellow, so i pushed the STD butten and it becomes green again (29.92in).but now it becomes yellow at 1000 feet.It's like it has a mismatch.kind regards,

It's yellow when you are above the transition altitude during your climb / below your transition level during your descent. You have to use a standard atmosphere altimeter setting of 1013hpa / 29.92inhg when you're above the transition altitude and of course the local altimeter setting when you're below the transition level. The altitude of the transition altitude and the transition level depends on several things, for example your location, the transition altitude of the procedure you fly and also the meteorological conditions. You can adjust what the FMC considers the TL and TA in the MCDU

Edited by Sekstifire

Only thing I can think of is that you set the transition altitude to 1000 by accident...? Just guessing...

Hello again,I set my altimeter as given by the tower and keep adjusting it as the ATC gives me the new settings.I have reinstaled ngx (because of my new computer) and so i noticed this (it is differend as it whas before).I must missed something in my configuration. :)So what i try to say is that the altimeter settings are ser correctly i guess.kind regards,

You have to use the standard atmosphere altimeter setting of 1013hPa / 29.92inHg above the transition altitude. The local altimeter is no longer valid above the transition altitudehttp://en.wikipedia....ki/Flight_level
Yes i know, i am talking about the settings below transition altitude.when i reach transition altitude then i use the STD knob and my setting becomes 29.92inHg and it's green again.Before my reinstall i adjusted my altimiter as given by the ATC and it lid green on my display.but now it lid yellow (as it usually does when you fly higher then transition altitude)im sorry for not being very clear about my problem.Kind regards,

I'm guessing you have put a low transition level in your mcdu during the preflight. The FMC uses the numbers you enter in the PERF INIT page as the transition level, it doesnt care about the hard coded transition level of FL180 in fsx

Edited by Sekstifire

Hello Daniel,At first it stayed green until i reached FL180 then it turned into yellow, so i pushed the STD butten and it becomes green again (29.92in).but now it becomes yellow at 1000 feet.It's like it has a mismatch.kind regards,
Hey, i am assuming you'r flying in the US, in the US the altimeter change at FL180 like you describe, so basically you needed to change it before reached or at reaching FL180, so it's ok it's not a problem, as for the 1000, never noticed it, but you didn't do something wrong , you can't do something wrong, if you set it correctly to the pressure. regards William.and like Johan said, you should look what you put in the perf page. Edited by Daniel choen

I'm guessing you have put a low transition level in your mcdu during the preflight. The FMC uses the numbers you enter in the PERF INIT page as the transition level, it doesnt care about the hard coded transition level of FL180 in fsx
Yessssss you were right i put in the wrong low transition altitude in my PERF INIT page , i corrected and now all is well.Thank you all for the quick and usefull answers.kind regards,