Sign in to follow this  
plexus

EICAS display overlapping problem

Hi everyone,I recently installed 747-400X downloaded off PMDG's website and the installation went well. However, I'm experiencing some issues with the EICAS indication overlapping each other. This happens in both VC and 2D panel on all 747-400X variant, regardless of the screen resolution set in FSX. I'm currently running 1600x900 on Windows and FSX.Appreciate if anyone can help.Thanks!- Alvin

Hello, just to ask if anyone has encountered the above before? Appreciate if anyone can assist to resolve it.Thanks!

never seen this before,What's your system specs?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I think this is caused by the default text size on your system. If you have changed it from system-default in the past, change it back and see what happens.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

never seen this before,What's your system specs?
An i5 2500k, Win 7 Professional x64, 8GB DDR3 ram with 2TB SATA HDD. Using Evga Geforce GTX 570 for graphics.
I think this is caused by the default text size on your system. If you have changed it from system-default in the past, change it back and see what happens.
You may be right! Let me change it back and see what happens.Will update all once I've tried it out.

Alright. So it turn out that my display text setting was set to 125% instead of 100%. This explains the overlapping issue. This doesn't seem to happen on the NGX though.Nevertheless, thanks for the help guys! Appreciate it.

Thanks for updating us :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hey just wondering where you changed your default text size so that it fitted? I have this problem too.

Hey just wondering where you changed your default text size so that it fitted? I have this problem too.

For Win 7 users .....

Start>Control Panel>Appearance and Personalisation>Display

Select ....

Smaller - 100% (default)

Then...

Go this link...

http://www.sevenforu...ngs-change.html

This will show you how to check ( or even change?) the DPI (Dots per Inch) size settings to allow text and other items, such as icons, fonts, and windows, to display larger or smaller in Windows 7...your looking to have 96 DPI to make things like PMDG PFD/ND/EICAS Displays view correctly (under normal circumstances).

Good Luck!

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'