Sign in to follow this  
claudionelli

No RC4 ACT on head phones

Hello,I am having a sound issue with my Radar contact. I have just bought a new computer I7 2600K Intel mother board, 16Gig RAM with a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series sound card. I use FSX and windows 7 64 bit ultimate OS. My Graphic Card is A HD 6970 ati card. I have the Creative inspire T7700 7.1 speakersThe issue that I am having is that I do not get Radar contact ACT on my head phones but through my speakers its ok. The strange thing is that I can get FSX ACT on my head phones with I tune it on.I solved the issue with FSx ACT after 1 week but on this one I am stumped.Has anyone got any ideas what I am doing wrong ?Best Regards,Claudio

Radar Contact sends it's sound through whatever audio device is selected in Windows as the default. Before starting FSX and RC make your headphones the default device. Start them, and RCv4 should now be sent through your headphones.

Soundman, I don't use FSX or Win 7. I use FS9 and Windows XP pro. But I use a little trick to get RC on my headset and all other sounds IE: aircraft sounds................... on to my 5.1 surround speakers. I start FS9, with the Soundblaster 5.1 as default sound. I make sure FS9 is up and running. Then i go to sound control panel and choose my USB headset as default sound and the start up Radar Contact. All sounds for RC come through the headset, and all for FS9 come through 5.1 speakers. I have no idea if this will work with your set up, but worth a shot.

Hi, First thank you for your help, I have a usb steel series headset. Where is the sound control panel to use mu USB head set?Best regards,Claudio

Claudio, go to control panel/ sound............I believe it is there to change out put device..........Try it as I described above.......like I said not sure if this works for Win 7

HI,I did what you said and it did not work im afraid. I find out that it works on the line out 3 and it is only on the left headphone that works. I also have a steel series keyboard with a USB port and they have cables for mic and head phones I will try plug it into there. I will buy the Sound Blaster X-FI I/O drive which have headphones sockets on the front panel.I tried all settings and I want to try a diferent wired set up.

Claudio, Yes you must use USB headphones for this to work. When you use in USB headphones, it acts as if they are another sound card. So you would choose xxxxxxx USB Headphone set.

Hi,There is no othe usb conection. I unpluged the usb and connected normal headpones directally to the sound card and still no luck.What I did do also is connect it to the line out 3 of the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series sound card and i could only hear RC through my left headphone speakers and not both.

Soundman, I don't use FSX or Win 7. I use FS9 and Windows XP pro. But I use a little trick to get RC on my headset and all other sounds IE: aircraft sounds................... on to my 5.1 surround speakers. I start FS9, with the Soundblaster 5.1 as default sound. I make sure FS9 is up and running. Then i go to sound control panel and choose my USB headset as default sound and the start up Radar Contact. All sounds for RC come through the headset, and all for FS9 come through 5.1 speakers. I have no idea if this will work with your set up, but worth a shot.
Yes, it works that way too for Win 7. I guess I should have been clearer by saying that whenever RC is started it will go to the device listed as the default.
There is no othe usb conection. I unpluged the usb and connected normal headpones directally to the sound card and still no luck.
Hard to do without pictures but try this.Bottom right of screen. Right Click on the speaker Icon.Select Playback devicesLook for your USB headphones in the list. Note, it might have a speaker icon next to it, instead of headphones.If you see it, click on it, and then click on Set default.Hope this works. Edited by Soundman