Sign in to follow this  
Alec

What's the best way to walk around the airplane from the outside in FSX?

I just bought Vans RV-7 addon, and I want to check it's spetacular external model like I would do on a real airplane, by doing a walk around to inspect the plane. What's the best way to do that?I remember about the BOB addon but then I realized it;s for scenery since you're basically "flying" BOB, but it walks instead of flyingThanks guys

Alexis Mefano

One way is to go to Spot View, hold down the spacebar, and with your mouse, you can move around the exterior of the aircraft. Use your scroll wheel or the plus and minus keys to zoom in and out.

Edited by RudiJG1

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I want to be able to walk around the airplane like I did with an addon for FS9 which I don't remember the name right now. It's not moving the camera, not zooming in and out, but moving around the plane like I would in real lifeThanks

Alexis Mefano

I didn't fully read your post..I was going to point you to BOB...Sorry,Glen

Edited by glenm

Yeah, I want to do a walk around the airplane, go close to see every detail. If I'm not mistaken, the guys at AOA Videos use some addon for that, I remember them walking around the 737NGX showing us for the first time the external model

Alexis Mefano

They used EZCA addon for that. Hmmmm. just bought an airplane for my FS, can't buy another addon right now, so I guess it will have to wait

Alexis Mefano

Found this you can try, it's FREE,Glen

Edited by glenm

EZDOK is the name of the EZCA addon. If that's true, the link you posted is for illegal download. I recommend you edit your post to delete that link man, it's trouble for sure! If you downloaded it, delete it, it looks like illegal and may contain virus too

Alexis Mefano

No , this was an addon created by the same guy that made ezdok. This was totally freeware. It was out long before he released the Payware version.

Edited by glenm

Oh.. Sorry then, that site sure does look suspicious!!I'm not going to download that, the virus risk is still a factor there I think. If I can find it at Avsim, Flightsim, or any other known site I will download it for test.Thanks

Alexis Mefano

Alexis,There is a program called DBS walk and Follow. They have released a version for FSX long ago to my knowledge and that program should allow you to walk and explore wherever. You'll have to google the name and it will give you the website information, as I don't have it. Hope this helped you. Let us know how you make out.Best, Jeff

Yeah that's the one! Hmmmm 30 dollars, for that amount I get EZCA which does much more than that. Thanks for the tip

Alexis Mefano