Sign in to follow this  
pinballman85

I cant taxi. Help

I am using a older joystick but everything works fine expect I cant turn when I taxi. I move joystick left and right and it just goes strait. Can someone please help me on this. Thanks

Use your rudder (A and D keys, if you cannot assign the rudder to your joystick); along with your brakes (Z and C keys for left/right, and X key for both).

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

I really don't care for using the keyboard but will if I have to, however is there a way to assign the rudder to a Saitek Yoke for it to work correctly? I've tried every button on my yoke but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me too??Regards,

I really don't care for using the keyboard but will if I have to, however is there a way to assign the rudder to a Saitek Yoke for it to work correctly? I've tried every button on my yoke but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me too??Regards,
You would need a free axis on the yoke, or you can assign Left and Right rudder to a couple of buttons (Non repetitive ATM),;this last one is cumbersome, especially when taxiing or during takeoff with high crosswind. Edited by Kabronicus

Actually, you can hand-edit the assignment to make it "repetitive" by adding: <Repeat>32.000000</Repeat>after the <EventName>

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ok thanks for that I'll try some buttons because I don't have a free axis on the yoke all assigned to ailerons and elevators. Again thank youRegards,OK would I do this in the xml??

Edited by jfuller

In Flight's standard.XML file located in:R:UsersYourUserNameAppDataLocalMicrosoftFlightPlayersA31CB2FEA2F1CDF1CareerControlsYour A31CB2FEA2F1CDF1 might be a different GUID of course.

Fr. Bill    

In Flight's standard.XML file located in:R:UsersYourUserNameAppDataLocalMicrosoftFlightPlayersA31CB2FEA2F1CDF1CareerControlsYour A31CB2FEA2F1CDF1 might be a different GUID of course.
Great thank you N4gix that did the trick assigned to buttons 3 and 4 and added repeat line you gave me and it works flawlessly!!!Thanks againJim

Great thank you N4gix that did the trick assigned to buttons 3 and 4 and added repeat line you gave me and it works flawlessly!!!Thanks againJim
You are most welcome. That's one of the purposes of this forum after all, to share our discoveries with everyone! Now that I've thought through the issue, there's absolutely no reason why I can't do the same thing for my CH Pedal's configuration for toe-brakes! Duh!I highly suggest making a backup copy of your hand-edited file though, as I've no idea what might happen the next time you use the UI to change something else around. Those "undocumented changes" might just vanish! :Thinking:

Fr. Bill    

Actually, you can hand-edit the assignment to make it "repetitive" by adding:<Repeat>32.000000</Repeat>after the <EventName>
Good tip Bill, I had forgotten about that.I'll also try with the toe brake pedals tonightThanks Edited by Kabronicus

You are most welcome. That's one of the purposes of this forum after all, to share our discoveries with everyone! Now that I've thought through the issue, there's absolutely no reason why I can't do the same thing for my CH Pedal's configuration for toe-brakes! Duh!I highly suggest making a backup copy of your hand-edited file though, as I've no idea what might happen the next time you use the UI to change something else around. Those "undocumented changes" might just vanish! :Thinking:
Ok, I have made a backup copy so here's hoping nothing else will change but if it does I'll be ready with my BUThank u again BillRegards,Jim

Use your rudder (A and D keys, if you cannot assign the rudder to your joystick); along with your brakes (Z and C keys for left/right, and X key for both).
Thanks that worked. Can I set it to use my joystick? I still have trouble with taxi though. I press X for brakes and it wouldnt stop but the brake on my joystick worked.

Thanks that worked. Can I set it to use my joystick? I still have trouble with taxi though. I press X for brakes and it wouldnt stop but the brake on my joystick worked.
I have my joystick's trigger button set to both brakes, and two other buttons set to the differential brakes (right and left).You have to edit Flight's standard.xml file to make the differential brakes work correctly when you assign them to button presses.under your joystick assignments:find: <EventName>Brakes.IncrementLeft</EventName>and add: <Repeat>32.000000</Repeat>find: <EventName>Brakes.IncrementRight</EventName>and add: <Repeat>32.000000</Repeat>

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Thanks again. My rudder says Axis 06 for my joystick but I cant move left or right when I taxi with the joystick. Do I have to use my keyboard for that? I can fly with my joystick just fine.

No. Some of those assignment defaults are wrong. (a glitch)Just go back to Aicraft Controls Select Rudder Move Left or Right (clik on it) and push a button on your joystick.If it does not assign it, then move the yoke, it will say axis X or Y, then push "clear binding" and repeat with the joystick button push.

Edited by Kabronicus