Sign in to follow this  
Petermuc3

Reinstall PMDG products

I had to reinstall Windows7/64 and so FSX and all addons (a lot). Everything worked fine until I came to my NGX and JS41.Installing the base pack of the NGX, it did not asked me for an installation key, in the dll there are PMDG entries missing (like Options etc.) and I have only half of the cockpit. The JS41 installed fine, asked for the key, but the instruments are blank.I have checked the dll and it is correct.Any help is much appreciatedThanks Peter

Edited by Petermuc3

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

Peter,Did you download a fresh copy of NGX?What folder/path is FSX installed in on your Win7-64?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Vaughan,I had saved the original NGX RTMs on an external drive; that should not be a problem. There might be something fundamentally wrong as the JS41 does not install correctly either, blank instruments. FSX is on D.ThanksPeterOh, one thing, when installing a scenery I had incidentally reinstalled FSX SP1; maybe there is a problem for the PMDGs, everything else is running.

Peter

Do you mean after having installed sp2 you reran the sp1 installer?

Correct, unfortunatelly I thought it was an update for the scenery, too stupid. Can I just uninstall and reinstall Sp1 and SP2?Peter

Peter

Peter,Are you going to uninstall and start over?

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

No, if I can avoid it. My question was can I uninstall FSX SP1 and SP2 and reinstall without harm?Peter

Peter

Peter,IMO ... start over.All purchased (not just PMDG) addons must be installed in the correct order.You have to make a list.Install FSX + its SDKsInstall Apps that install with FSXInstall FSX SP1Install Apps that install with FSX Sp2Install FSX XXetc.Also, all addon SPs need to be installed i the correct order.

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

I'd send PMDG an email on this one. It's probably a weird activation issue that they could help with via email but not the forum.-stefan

I have a strange dll (dll.xml.orig) in the same folder fsx.cfg and dll.xml are. Never noticed that before.

Peter

I have a strange dll (dll.xml.orig) in the same folder fsx.cfg and dll.xml are. Never noticed that before.
That was a copy put there by an app you installed ... check the date.Are you going to start over?

Best Regards,