Sign in to follow this  
ginger1

Random black screen when using adv tutorial

Hi all,Have been flying tutorial 1 a few times with no problems it works well.thought i would try the advanced tutorial2, have tried a few times to enter the data but i keep geting random blackscreens and have to re boot.only other program running is active cam.have searched forum cant find any one else with this issue,wonder if any one has any ideas.many thanks.

Please explain a little more about the black screens... do you mean your entire computer monitor goes black? Any windows error messages? By random, do you mean they happen at random points in the same flight? Just looking for a pattern here because I don't see one yet. You haven't seen a post like this because it is not a normal event.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes entire monitor goes black.no error messages.it seems to happen any time from loading tutorial2 flight ,i have only got as far as taxi stage.This is with default scenery in window mode.

Maybe your system can not handle the graphic requirements of the 2nd tutorial (added weather). In FSX under Settings-Display try lower the sliders a notch or two and see what happens. Make sure that Water effects is no higher than Low 2.xRod Storer

Edited by idahosurge

Black monitor, is computer shutting down or is it rebooting? How do you get back to desktop? My first guess is that it is a hardware problem. That tutorial has been around for awhile and shouldn't have any fatal errors in it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,Cant find whats causing it,can long hall all day with no problems so iam happy its a really good aircraft.I will keep searching may be a corrupt file. Back to PANC and the mauals, will report back if i find the problem.thanks.