Sign in to follow this  

Well, is Flight a simulator, game, both or neither? My two cents: I would say it's both....

These topics always get controversial, and most people don't actually understand much about the topic of simulation from a practical or theoretical point of view.I can possibly believe that COD could be used to simulate infantry tactics, but think it would be a poor choice of application to do so with. Hawx could probably be used to simulate some facet of aviation, but again would be a challenging choice of program.Flight, with its basis on real-world geography and an attempt to model a real flight model as accurately as possible has good potential to be used in aviation simulation. It'd benefit from better integration with advanced hardware (which is currently poor) and addition of some of the commonly requested features such as ap function, traffic and atc.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Hiya new here, been around forums for ages.. Figured I'd add to this instead of starting a new topic with the same exact subject matter. :)As a long time FS player I wasn't actually skeptical about MS Flight.. In FSX I mainly flew IFR flights.. Prop driven aircraft. Looove props! So when I heard about MS Flight it sounded right up my alley. Microsoft have done a wonderful job imo.. It combines all the best of IFR flight from FSX with enough `game play' elements to make it really an inviting and addicting game/simulator. The challenges are fun and challenging, the job postings at airports give you additional stuff to do. I like it. I like it alot. I I downloaded it at 1pm and just around now at 10pm decided it's time for a break.. I blinked and 8hrs flew by playing this. It's apparent a lot of QA went into the program itself. No crashing, great framerates, beautifully layed out menus.. The whole experience is very inviting and `friendly' but at the core of it flying a plane feels very "MSFS" and I felt right at home.. Heck, most of the keys on my flight stick functioned the same exact way as they did in MSFS..

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

styckx welcome to the forums .

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Im having fun. Thats all that matters for me.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

both or neither? My two cents: I would say it's both....
"it's both a floor wax... and a dessert topping"

Im having fun. Thats all that matters for me.
same here im having soo much fun that even the idea of having a parachute so i can jump of the plane in Flight has cross my mind more than once....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Oh, and the performance is phenominal! I run everything on high settings and I have a $270 machine!

One thing I'm a bit disappointed in is no reskinning. I know it's a closed development game, that's been thrown out there from the beginning. I get that for aircraft, scenery, maps etc but it's a bit of disheartening to see we're even locked out of reskinning the aircraft. I will flat out refuse to pay for liveries. All the textures are simple enough to find, the stupid pak files are encrypted to death though. 1 byte off from what it's supposed to be and you're sol from launching the game, (yep, I tried) It would be nice if MS could separate out the textures for aircraft so us Photoshop junkies can enjoy our second hobby of painting game textures.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors