Sign in to follow this  
wisefox7524

Rotary/Input Acceleration

With SP1C, I see that a new feature is "SDK behavior related to accelerated knob/switch movements." Is it possible to relate this to the BARO Minimums knob? I won't go into a long discussion of this, because I know it has been discussed before, and a lot of us want this feature. In short, is this possible, and if so, how?

Probably known already, but another way to advance the BARO knob is simply to click and hold on it with the right mouse button....still slow but beats clicking or scrolling constantly.

Edited by RudiJG1

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I use the scroll wheel on my mouse, and it rotates the minimums knob fairly quickly.

Edited by audiohavoc

Thanks for the input. This topic has been discussed before, and I have tried everything, from the scroll wheel, right mouse button, and setting a key command. However, when trying to advance the BARO Minimums to 6431, it takes forever. I was just hoping for maybe a feature to increase it by like 1000', instead of 1' increments.

Try setting a keyboard shortcut both in the FSX menu AND in the NGX CDU. Works really fine for me, the mins scrolls up really fast even when landing in Denver with a high min value!

Try setting a keyboard shortcut both in the FSX menu AND in the NGX CDU.Works really fine for me, the mins scrolls up really fast even when landing in Denver with a high min value!
That sounds like a great idea! What is the keyboard shortcut name in the FSX menu? I can't seem to find one that relates to minimums.

What is the keyboard shortcut name in the FSX menu?
It's the 'Decision height (increase/decrease)' command. Don't know if it made a lot of difference though, tried to delete them again and set only through the CDU menu. I'm scrolling at about 200 ft/sec which is quite a fair speed anyway, even with high mins.

It's the 'Decision height (increase/decrease)' command.Don't know if it made a lot of difference though, tried to delete them again and set only through the CDU menu.I'm scrolling at about 200 ft/sec which is quite a fair speed anyway, even with high mins.
Ok, I got it set up. I'm also scrolling at 200ft/sec, which is a drastic improvement over what it was. Thanks for the advice!