Sign in to follow this  
patrickbc

Do you have problems with the NGX after SP1C

Do you have problems with the NGX after SP1C  

363 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have problems with the NGX after SP1C

• Yes, somethings in the aircraft is not working perfectly!
    • Yes, sometimes I get a CTD!!
    • Yes, I always get a CTD!!!
    • No, everything is good!! :-)

I voted no problems earlier this week but spoke too soon. Have never had any problems since first version last August. Now having FSX lockups after about 1.5 - 2 hours of flying. First one was at 737-600 at 390 KLAS-KATL in which I was doing nothing but flying along. Second one was today 737-800 sitting on the ground. Only addons is REX running as usual. Nothing has changed with my system except for SP1c. Very frustrating. Not sure where to start to fix this yet.

Ken Ehlers
F70

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Can somebody confirm that you get 2 V1 callouts and one Rotate callout?Cheers,
HiYes, one v1 callout is from your 'First Officer' and the other is from the actual plane its self. One of these (or both) can be disabled somewhere in the FMC. (can't get to the sim right now)-James M

Hi everybody,I had two strange issues (both resolved):First, after some 15 minutes, i.e. during the final stages of climb to cruise altitude, the autopilot disconnected... I re-engaged it, and it disconnected again after some minutes, and so it went on and on ... I've seen this before, both with 737 and the LevelD-767, and usually it was due to a runaway elevator trim (could see the trim wheel moving, even with Yoke disabled, so certainly no erratic hardware input!) which occurred when something went wrong with loading or setting up a flight. This time I had it in three consecutive -- and different -- flights (and this has never occurred before).Second, on the last of these three flights (out of LOWI, by the way) the FMC went crazy and could not determine ETA: Both in the top right hand corner of MFD and on the LEGS page the numbers were fluctuating wildly from anything between 0600 and 2200...I decided to un-install completely and re-installed, but without SP1b and went straight to SP1c, as the updates are comprehensive rather than incremental. Both issues are gone now, and the final test flight LOWI-EDDT was smooth, all the way to an autoland at EDDT (RWY 26R). On some systems there may be conflicts between consecutive updates. Has anybody ever seen something similar?My specs are: ASUS QuadCore processor, 8 GB RAM, nVidia 480 graphics, Win 7 (64), FSX SP1+2 (no acceleration), no other add-ons running while flying the 737NGX; Saitek yoke, throttle and pedals.Happy landings!Sigmar Stadlmeier (home-based at LOWL)

I have seen a post similar to this problem I am facing with SP1c but can't locate it. The acft flies with a nose down attitude and hence can't climb past 4000ft or accelerate beyond 180-190kts, I was doing a TO-1 climb in the tutorial flight. I used to have this problem with the 600/700 although it did not occur at first, not sure when it started either. I thought I will wait around for SP1c before I put it here on the forum, but now even the 800 seems to be have the same problem. I only checked the default acft, so I haven't tried the other liveries.I did uninstall NGX completely and reinstalled NGX+SP1C, no luck. Will be watching the threads to see what lead I can pick up or try some more troubleshooting tomorrow.

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

My sound was virtually gone, after installing the patch. Ended up installing Synchro-Soft (thrid party) sound set (which I personnaly prefer anyway).

I had that same problem initially with no cabin sound, until I uninstalled FSX and reinstalled it in C:\FSX (i.e. outside of C:\Program Files)

But now, I am getting a strange problem.

About half way during the cruise, the NGX just goes into an extreme banking, to the left or right, and then it goes off course.