Sign in to follow this  
glenm

Unable to connect to Forums on Smartphone!

I can connect to Avsim mainpage, but I get a fatal error mesage when trying to connect to any Avsim Forum Page.Fatal Error: Call to undefined method skin_classifieds_2::launcher_link() in / opt/webdocs/newsite/forum/hooks/cfdsLauncherLink_51cd674dd5af49499d5029b4927edddb.php on line 16I have a few pages saves as bookmarks and I get the above error on all of them. This never happened before today. Been using the same phone for about a year HTC Evo 4G.All other non avsim bookmarks work fine ..Any Ideas?Glen

I can connect to Avsim mainpage, but I get a fatal error mesage when trying to connect to any Avsim Forum Page.Fatal Error: Call to undefined method skin_classifieds_2::launcher_link() in / opt/webdocs/newsite/forum/hooks/cfdsLauncherLink_51cd674dd5af49499d5029b4927edddb.php on line 16I have a few pages saves as bookmarks and I get the above error on all of them. This never happened before today. Been using the same phone for about a year HTC Evo 4G.All other non avsim bookmarks work fine ..Any Ideas?Glen
Do away with your bookmarks and start over. I can't think of anything better to do than that at the moment.

Tom, I already tried that to no avail. It is strange, I can go to the Main page and click on Forums-Blogs-Groups and I get the error. Click on anything else it is fine.For some reason my Phone has become Antisocial.Well I am at a loss as well.Thanks,Glen

I am getting the exact same error on my Ipad. Only seems to be a problem when viewing in mobile format and OK in normal AVSIM theme.

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

I am getting the exact same error on my Ipad. Only seems to be a problem when viewing in mobile format and OK in normal AVSIM theme.
I'm not and never have used the Mobile version.

I just tried on 2 other phones, and got the same error on both. So it must be something on Avsims end I guess.

I started getting the same type of error accessing forum from my ipad2, even when I access it through PMDG site as well. It started yesterday.Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_classifieds_2::launcher_link() in/opt/webdocs/newsite/forum/hooks/cfdsLauncherLink_51cd674dd5af49499d5029b4927edddb.php on line 16Bill

Hi AVSIM Team..I am getting the same error in my two devices: IPAD2 and IPHONE4Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_classifieds_2::launcher_link() in/opt/webdocs/newsite/forum/hooks/cfdsLauncherLink_51cd674dd5af49499d5029b4927edddb.php on line 16Never had this erro before!!!Only the forum Pages can not be load. The main Avsim page(Avsim online) is ok!Plese advise us!

We seem to have a problem (newly developed as you all know) that results in an error when you attempt to use the MOBILE skin. I have shut that skin down until I get a handle on what the issue is and a fix in place. I have replicated it both on my IPAD2 and my PC using Firefox. I will post more on this later when a fix is in place. Use of a browser on your IPAD, phone, etc, using the default AVSIM skin does work.

How does one use the default skin? All attempts to acces this forum, with my iPhone, result in a PHP error. (Cleared cookies, cache and rebooted my phone).Thanks for the help!

How does one use the default skin? All attempts to acces this forum, with my iPhone, result in a PHP error. (Cleared cookies, cache and rebooted my phone).Thanks for the help!
Go to the forum on your PC and go to the THEME selection at the bottom of the forum main page. Select AVSIM. That will fix your access on your mobile device as well.As announced earlier, we have adopted FORUM RUNNER for our mobile app. I suggest you give the demo a try. I have used it this morning and it works great! See my post in the Hangar Chat forum.

Go to the forum on your PC and go to the THEME selection at the bottom of the forum main page. Select AVSIM. That will fix your access on your mobile device as well.
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately it did not work :(I had cleared cookies from my iPhone. That means that my phone's browser doesn't know that I changes the themes setting on my PC.Also thanks for the heads up. I'll have to give forum runner a try.

I am unable to change the Theme on the ipad2 per your instructions above as the forum page gets the error message.Bill

Another with the same issue on a HTC Sensation.I miss checking this place out when I'm at work. :sad: