Sign in to follow this  
Bombjack

Soft Mute on Saitek Yoke

Hi,first of all thanks to the devs for this great product. I do have a problem with assigning the soft Mute on my saitek yoke. I use the "prop sync" in fsx for assigning and it takes a key (that is working ingame) and the button 2 of my yoke. Button 2 is also shown in the assignment- menue but it is not working ingame. If i delete the key control and still leave the Button 2 its not working either. Maybe someone of you can help.Greets Chris

Hi,first of all thanks to the devs for this great product.I do have a problem with assigning the soft Mute on my saitek yoke. I use the "prop sync" in fsx for assigning and it takes a key (that is working ingame) and the button 2 of my yoke. Button 2 is also shown in the assignment- menue but it is not working ingame. If i delete the key control and still leave the Button 2 its not working either.Maybe someone of you can help.Greets Chris
Ensure that the slider is in the repeat column is set allthe way to the right.

Thanks for the answer, but that didnt solve it :-(
Are you pushing and holding the button ?

Yes, i push and hold.When I push and hold the assigned key on the keyboard, things work perfect -> the red "M" is to see.With another button it didnt work either.

Yes. When I push and hold the assigned key on the keyboard, things work perfect -> the red "M" is to see.
Glad you got it sorted... yes, it's a 'push and hold' button.You'd use it when talking to on-line ATC.Most users will assign that button to the same button used for their Squawkbox push to talk key.That way the FO won't start trying to do things when you talk to ATC because the speech recognition system is still active.

Sorry, I think you missunderstood me. It is just working with the key on the keyboard, bot NOT on my yoke - even with no ohtrer button. and the button 2 is my ptt-button for online-flying (using FSInn).

Hmmm, are you using some kind of really exotic yoke that isn't supported by FSX natively?Do a test and see if you can use another Yoke button to control gear up and gear down in FSX.. this way we can rule out if FSX just can't read your yoke buttons due a driver issue, etc.

That was the right hint! my yoke was not acitvated in FSX as i use FSUIPC. Man, that was really dumb of me. Thanks alot for your support!Greets Chris