Sign in to follow this  
JMsooStyle

My NGX freeze while setting landing data on FMC! During descent

Hi guys can someone help me! Im having this issue the second time in a row. When I entering the data on the FMC and prepare de plane for the approach while pressing the botton of the FMC the plane freeze! So far it happen only during FMC setting on approach or prior to land only with FMC botton. The simulator does not crash to desktop but it freezes you can still hear the engine but it does not move. This it happening since I installed sp1c never had issues before.Please help I installed the lates version of FSUPC but it seems it does not solve the problem dont know what to do!

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Jivan Moulandi

I am having the same problem. Also happens to me on the ground. I will have a RWY and SID or STAR input in the FMC. Then ATC gives me a different arrival or departure RWY. I go into the FMC to change it, and as soon as I click on the new arrival or departure RWY it freezes. Doesnt happen every flight, and I cant duplicate it. I was not having this problem prior to SP1c.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Jivan & Gary-

SP1c is stable...... I'd start with uninstalling your liveries and then the NGX. Manually clean out the PMDG 737 NGX folder and reinstall. If your problem is fixed you are done. If not, open a support ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

OK, I found a solution for this. Previously, I would always enter the SID, departure rwy, STAR, and arrival rwy during my FMC preflight. Then, if ATC changed my departure or arrival rwy, I would have to change it in the FMC and it would lock up the NGX. So I began entering the departure rwy given to me by ATC, and I would not enter the arrival rwy until it was assigned by Approach. Using this method, I now only enter the departure and arrival rwys once and then I dont change them. Since I went to this method, the NGX has not locked up on me anymore. Just thought I would share this, maybe it will help others with this problem.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

It still should not lockup. I use your same procedure of setting up SID/STAR when I preflight. I often have to change my SID when issued a different takeoff runway than I anticipated so I go "back to the drawing board" and reenter different runway and SID and then go into my legs to connect SID to my flight plan. Never had a freeze or CDT as long as I was starting a livery from scratch and not reloading a previously saved situation. I have had intermittent problems when altering CDU data after I reload a previously saved situation. Could that be your problem?