Sign in to follow this  

Of course I did. Doesn't want to. I keep it at the lowest possible Vcore so that it doesn't start crashing, you can trust me on that one...

What is the actual cause of ceratin chips requiring more voltage?

I don't understand how a manufacturing process so precise would result in products that have large variation.

What is the actual cause of ceratin chips requiring more voltage?

It's the quality of the silicon wafer, I think I read about that somewhere. Silicon wafers have various densities, and that impacts how the chip is performing. Inspecting them and sorting is a quite an expensive procedure. Also those higher binned chips, they are sorting the better quality wafers out... I don't know any details further than that.

Hi All,

The Mobo and i7 arrived today! Very excited - Does anyone know any good guides to overclocking this combination or can anyone give advice? Only ever overclocked an AMD chip and had varied results.

Also does anyone know what kind of overclock I should expect (stable, obviously) with this chip? I'm using it with a Corsair H80 cooler FYI.

Thanks,

James

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Hi all,

I got this system a while ago and have just started to look at OCing it - only thing is ive only ever done an OC on my old AMD chip and havent the faintest idea with this new one - so far ive set it to the multiplyer on 45 but left everything else on auto is this wise? It seems stable so far with 30 mins of prime 95 and the max temp it got to was 74degrees and the max voltage was 1.29 but i hear people have better results using different approaches.

Could i ask for an experianced hand please? The spec just incase you dont wannt read up the post is....

I7 2700k

Asus p8z68 deluxe gen3

Antec kuhler 920 cooling

Thanks

James

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

try to find a Z77 chipset for your mobo. I7 2700k and a WC (as corsair or antec) helps to get some more "clock".