Sign in to follow this  
Stanner

Overhead Panel in VC mode Problem Paning up from main cockpit

Gentlemen.

I can bring up the OH panel using Shift + 6. However, this is a static mode and one cannot pan up, down etc.

In the Virtual Cockpit (VC) mode I can pan up from the glare shield and instruments to the Overhead Panel. However, when I do so from the Captain's side I see the HUD shield. As I pan to the right

of the OH panel, the display begins to rotate almost 180 degrees, and the display of the OH panel becomes difficult to read. The section of the OH panel above the Co-Pilot is not legible, cannot

make it out.

Is there anything I can do in the VC mode so that when I pan up from the glare shield to the OH panel, I am able to see the OH panel without distortions?

Thanks,

Stanner

Hi Stanner,

Go to pedestal view in VC and then pan up to the O/H.

Cheers Dave.

Dave Baggs.

EGLL.

What helps me a lot without having EZDOC etc, is that I went to the FSX controls screen and mapped two of my joystick switches on the Eye-point (move Left) and the Eye-point (Move Right) commands. Enable the slider bar on the right hand side of each line, and the viewpoint will scroll as you press the desired switches (or keys). These work great for me and I am able to easily adjust upper panel without all the tilting. I also sometimes use it to slide over to the copilot seat in VC forward view if I want to look out the right side window! I also mapped two keys (Num2, and Num 8) to the (Move Up) and (Move down) commands which sometimes helps to adjust panel height as you may like it.. Hope this helps.

regards,

Bill Gustafson

Also, you can move the HGS housing by clicking on it - that way you can reach the yaw damper switch. Otherwise I just hit shift-A (twice I think) to see the OH panel better. EZDoc is best but I dont have it yet.

Noah Bryant