Sign in to follow this  
Rajah

3 monitors / 2 GTX 580 / problems

Hi fellow captains.

Through the Nividea Control Panel I span 3 monitors together.

Configure SLI, Surround, PhysX

Span displays with Surround

Configure

Bezel correction

Yes, add special resolutions (but I did try the other options too)

1. There is a message: "To reduce stretching, change the game's aspect ratio.

Don't know if FSX has that possibility.

2. In the virtual cockpit there is some stretching in the left and right corners.

However if you open one of the panels, like the FMC and Radio, its 3 or more times too wide.

3. The most severe problem is the 2D cockpit. Instead of the 2D cockpit there is nothing (black). The 2/3 upper half is the outside.

Ok, I can live without the 2D cockpit, but the problem is that cycling through the views : F/O Seat > Overhead upper panel > Overhead lower panel > Center pedestal > Cockpit, there is no 2D cockpit panel, only black instead with the upper 2/3 of the monitor the sky.

The framerate drops from 20 to 6 and the mousepointer changes into a flickering minute glass.

I did replace the fsx.cfg without any change.

I hope anyone can help to solve this.

Frans

Frans Dekker / IVAO SPP / AFR074

In fsx.cfg widescreen needs to be turned off as this is causing the distortion.

Rod Sayers

Hi Rod,

There is no widescreen in the fsx.cfg. I did try WideviewAspect from True to False but that's not the solution.

HI,

I have not done this myself, but guessing that you would need to set the FSX resolution so that the horizontal res. is set to the addition of the screens native over which you stretch the main window. Eg 2 1920x1080 24" LCD's would be set to 3840x1080 or as close as possible to that.

Cheers

Apologies I mean't wide view aspect.

When I had this problem with my three screen set up I solved the problem by setting wideview aspect to false and then making sure that FSX was at the same resolution as my bevel corrected resolution in the nvidia control panel.

It removed all stretching for me.

Worth checking in your fsx.cfg that it has picked up your cards and resolution. I had to delete the fsx.cfg and let it be rebuilt by FSX because it hadn't recognised the upgrade to a gtx 590.

Rod Sayers

Hi Rod and Richard,

So far no good...

What is in your fsx.cfg? 2 cards or only one? Standard after making a new cfg there is only one card 58o.0

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580.0]

Mode=5760x1200x32

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580.1]

Mode=5760x1200x32

and in FSC > Options .> Display > Device? 1 card or 2 ?

The stretching will always be there to some extent.

If you set WideViewAspect to false it'll probably mess up your HGS display.

This is my fsx.cfg.

I am using three dell monitors and have no real stretching. The bevel resolution is higher than the recommended setting and seems to work best for my screens. With lower resolutions or wideview aspect I do get distortion. The only issue is that at this resolution it is difficult to back the view far enough to see the entire cockpit at once. However the 737 NGX is awesome.

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590.0]

AntiAlias=1

Mode=8169x1440x32

TriLinear=1

Rod sayers

The only issue is that at this resolution it is difficult to back the view far enough to see the entire cockpit at once.

Yes that's an issue, but no problem with the 2D cockpit and the drop of frame rate?

Is it possible to delete the 2D cockpit? It;s not in the aircraft.cfg

I don't use the 2D but I see you have an X79 motherboard. Make sure you have the latest drivers as earlier drivers could not run surround on the X79 boards and caused me major problems with black screens and crashing. I also had to make sure that I didn't overclock the memory which seemed to cause problems with my gtx 590.

Rod Sayers

Sad to hear Rod, expensive card and more problems.

To Ceaser / Richard_T / Mr. Ken:

I have "solved" the drop in fps by adding CycleHidden = True in the FSX\cameras.cfg

The WideViewAspect=True

Thanks to all!

I have "solved" the drop in fps by adding CycleHidden = True in the FSX\cameras.cfg

The WideViewAspect=True

Thanks to all!

Very interesting Rajah. What exactly does this do? I have 11 camera definitions in the cfg file do I add it to all of them?

I think so, because it is in the fsx.fcg file. It changes the zoom. Best to try it yourself with True and False.

The WideViewAspect=True

Thanks to all!

Rajah,

Very interesting. What does the Cycle Hidden do exactly? Is the framerate drop related to the mouse pointer issue when you strettch the 2D panel over 3 monitors?

Many thanks,

Antonio