Sign in to follow this  
rojantrojan

First IXEG exterior shot...

Yes a beauty...even leaving FSX behind. I only miss the FSX environment reflections in XP10 and less nervous shadows.

I'm not really a fan of the worn panel look. Makes me feel like I'm the last pilot, flying the plane, to it's destined scrap heap. I'd rather have the feel of semi-new, or right off the production line. I suppose that's the reason that I tended to rent newer aircraft, instead of old Cessnas & Pipers, in which the glare shield covers and seats were sun bleached and coming apart. Even if it's an older aircraft, it can be re-furbished just as many WWII warbirds are. They may be from the 40's, but look new, off the assembly line, when redone. A friend of mine, owns a company that does these type of rebuilds.

L.Adamson

Looking good! Im waiting for this release!!

Back when I use to rent a Pipers Warrior, the one plane I kept getting had dried puke in back that no one ever cleaned. It was there for over a year!

Disgusting!

Rob

Back when I use to rent a Pipers Warrior, the one plane I kept getting had dried puke in back that no one ever cleaned. It was there for over a year!

Disgusting!

Thats......why you build your own plane; with a new painted panel, new instruments, and new leather seats. :smile:

I know a lot, if not almost everyone wants a used look, but I am one also that likes a brand new shiny interior. I much prefer the brand new look, even for a DC3.

I'm not really a fan of the worn panel look. Makes me feel like I'm the last pilot, flying the plane, to it's destined scrap heap. I'd rather have the feel of semi-new, or right off the production line. I suppose that's the reason that I tended to rent newer aircraft, instead of old Cessnas & Pipers, in which the glare shield covers and seats were sun bleached and coming apart. Even if it's an older aircraft, it can be re-furbished just as many WWII warbirds are. They may be from the 40's, but look new, off the assembly line, when redone. A friend of mine, owns a company that does these type of rebuilds.

L.Adamson

Yes, I suppose it's all down to personal preference. I watched the PMDG conference video the other day where Robert Randazzo explained that they had to 'tone down' the used look in the NGX because they didn't think that simmers would believe how dirty the 737 was that they used for reference photos. I can believe that. You only have to take one look at my new car after the wife has borrowed it to go to work with. Exactly what does she do to it to get it that dirty? It's muggins who has to clean it! Lol.

Rhydian

Well, flightsimming is about simulating reality, and brand new looking 737CL's don't exist anymore.

I guess we all would like our wifes to look like 20 yo models at the age of 40. Not possible with mine unfortunately :P

Textures with no wear to me looks pretty much like a 40 yo wife with way too much plastic surgery done - unrealistic.

But I guess we all have different taste ..

M

MortonM,

I hope your wife doesn't read this forum!!! :smile: