Sign in to follow this  
wanabflyer

How do i save a flight using Fs2Crew?

I am just getting the hang of the NGX voice version, as i always used the Button version on my PMDG 747.

I seem to have everything working as it should so far, except for the fact that i cannot save a flight. I don't particularly make a habit of saving flights, but as i posted a few days ago, i sometimes need this feature if for some reason i have to stop in the middle of a flight or i want to practice a certain phase of the flight with Fs2Crew.

Anyway, what happens is, all FMC data is gone and i am just flying in a straight line with LNAV & CMD-A selected with no route to follow. In fact all FMC data gone.

I tried uninstalling completely Fs2Crew and re installing SP1C into NGX again and then fresh installing Fs2Crew, but no luck. Is there a specific way i am supposed to save a flight when usin Fs2Crew?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Rick,

I'm not sure off hand if the NGX saves "FMC Data".

It might, but I would doubt it.

Saving in FS2Crew is easy.

Just save your flight.

But note that FS2Crew will not save your position in FS2Crew.

But all you need to do is use the arrow button to skip to the 'mode' where you want to pick up.

So if you want to start on final approach, skip to the mode that says "landing" and go from there.

Cheers,

Hi Bryan. Yes NGX does save FMC data. Strange part is, before i bought and installed Fs2Crew, i could save with no problem. Occasionally the VNAV light would be off, and i would just have to re select. After installing Fs2Crew, i couldn't save without loss of data. Its not the end of the world or anything, but its handy to have saves when you want to repeat over several times for practice purposes.

If this is the only problem i am going to have, then i'm a happy man because you hit it out of the park with this one. Great job Bryan.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg