Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

Turning off autothrottle / autopilot

Is it the FO job to turn off the autothrottle on a non-precision landing at ~ 50 feet? Is there a command for that?

I have a switch to turn off autopilot at DH, but the FO doesn't not turn off the alarm; is that possible?

Thanks.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Is it the FO job to turn off the autothrottle on a non-precision landing at ~ 50 feet? Is there a command for that?

I have a switch to turn off autopilot at DH, but the FO doesn't not turn off the alarm; is that possible?

Thanks.

Hello,

As far as I know (in Real Air France procedures) it's the PF that announce then disconnect the AT and AP when he requires.

The AP/AT command available in FS2Crew are :

-"Select Autothrottle Off" or "ON"

-"Select Autopilot Off" -/-> "Select Command A/B"

As for the Alarm i don't think there is an available command for FO to switch off the alarm. I tried to ask twice "Select Autopilot Off" but it didn't switch the alarm off.

What i can sugest you as you've a switch is to try to push twice on your switch. The first should disconnect AP the second should quiet the alarm.

Hope it could Helps,

Théo.

GATE 51

or ManFlex55

Hello,

As far as I know (in Real Air France procedures) it's the PF that announce then disconnect the AT and AP when he requires.

The AP/AT command available in FS2Crew are :

-"Select Autothrottle Off" or "ON"

-"Select Autopilot Off" -/-> "Select Command A/B"

As for the Alarm i don't think there is an available command for FO to switch off the alarm. I tried to ask twice "Select Autopilot Off" but it didn't switch the alarm off.

What i can sugest you as you've a switch is to try to push twice on your switch. The first should disconnect AP the second should quiet the alarm.

Hope it could Helps,

Théo.

Hi,

That isn't 737NG procedure, For a non precision approach in the NG the PF turns the auto-throttle off, to silence it just push the autothrottle disengage switch again.

Hi,

That isn't 737NG procedure, For a non precision approach in the NG the PF turns the auto-throttle off, to silence it just push the autothrottle disengage switch again.

Isn't that extremely difficult to handle (multi-task) while at 50 ft just as you're about to hit the runway? The PF will have his hands on the yoke + throttle...

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Isn't that extremely difficult to handle (multi-task) while at 50 ft just as you're about to hit the runway? The PF will have his hands on the yoke + throttle...

The A/T disconnect switch is on the throttle.