Sign in to follow this  
RagTag

Just a be careful with DLC purchase

I cross my fingers for you :-|

Hope it works!

I plan on deleting the new account and will cross my fingers that it doesn't delete my DLC under my other account. Although I'm no willing to bet money that it will not.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I wonder how you ordered the Maule then? Up to now I simply bought things using the ingame system: the game is launched, I am logged in and then I buy something and obivously this is automatically tied to my login etc. So I how did you buy the Maule? I didn't even know it was possible to buy something while not being logged in...? I am also completely new to all this DLC stuff but afaik as long as you purchase things using the ingame 'store' things can't go wrong. I hope.

I would calmly explain to support that if they did not transfer the license appropriately, that I would be doing a charge back on the credit card I bought it on.

Just because it is DLC does not make it any different than a service I got charged for but did not get.

I would calmly explain to support that if they did not transfer the license appropriately, that I would be doing a charge back on the credit card I bought it on.

Just because it is DLC does not make it any different than a service I got charged for but did not get.

But the OP did get what he ordered and was charged for. The OP admits it was his own mistake.

But the OP did get what he ordered and was charged for.

The email he purchased the content on was the alternative email on his live account, yet instead of using the account this email is attached to, it created an entirely new account, completely unbeknownst to him. At best their system is broken, and at worst it is a highly deceptive "dark pattern". I am going to give MS the benefit of the doubt and assume they are not deceiving customers into purchasing content twice.

Either way it does not matter, if I used an email that is tied to my account and I did not receive the product on that account, I am going to get the issue resolved. And I bet if you threaten to charge back they will suddenly remember that they do have a way to transfer purchases to the correct account.

the OP got what he ordered delivered to the email address he used. The OP actually said "This is not a fault of MS but of my not understanding..."

The purpose of charghbacks is not to protect purchasers against their own mistakes.

Despite what has been said in this thread, the system does not simply "create a new account" for someone's email address without significant user input and multiple confirmation screens. It sucks that the DLC became tied to the wrong account and it's really stupid that there's no way to transfer DLC from one account to another, but this is a user error. Microsoft didn't do this.

Despite what has been said in this thread, the system does not simply "create a new account" for someone's email address without significant user input and multiple confirmation screens. It sucks that the DLC became tied to the wrong account and it's really stupid that there's no way to transfer DLC from one account to another, but this is a user error. Microsoft didn't do this.

Well I just got off the phone with MS and they said I'm out of luck. Yes the system did "create a new account" for someone's email address without significant user input and multiple confirmation screens which I did complain about. I think I just fell through a hole in the code or it was because I've used that email ID for MS Developer services.

In any case the purpose of my post was just to inform others and not to bash MS. It was my mistake of not paying attention that got me into trouble and I just wanted to give a heads up.

The purpose of charghbacks is not to protect purchasers against their own mistakes.

They would be free to explain to my bank why purchasing content using an email tied to my account did not result in the purchase showing up on my account. Or explain the reasons they were not able to rectify the mistake. Either way, it wouldn't matter to me, I would be long since done with it!

=)

I wonder how you ordered the Maule then? Up to now I simply bought things using the ingame system: the game is launched, I am logged in and then I buy something and obivously this is automatically tied to my login etc. So I how did you buy the Maule? I didn't even know it was possible to buy something while not being logged in...? I am also completely new to all this DLC stuff but afaik as long as you purchase things using the ingame 'store' things can't go wrong. I hope.

That was the way I expected but the only offerings they now have on the screen are for the Zero and Hawaiian bundle. I read somewhere else I could order via the xbox live market so I went there. I expect that if I had had the choice on the main screen I would have gotten it without a problem.