Sign in to follow this  
Guest TooMuchFS

Gear Failure!

Guest TooMuchFS

Has anyone had any unexpected aircraft system failures? Today I lowered my gear during an ILS approach and noticed the gear motor sound was very shot lived. The gear knob was red so I went to an external view and noticed all 3 wheels only lowered about half way. I recycled the gear but it still no fully lowered gear. I couldn'y find a manual gear lowering system so did a (successful :Big Grin: ) gear up landing!

I wouldn't have thought the modellling was that sophisticated?

Any one else have anything like it?

P

Not yet.. But I'd be looking to hit someone after a belly sanding of my 4 million dollar plane!

I had a gear failure after about 10 hrs in mine. I had 3 green lights, but on roll-out my right main failed. haven't had any problems since then...Ive got roughly 60 hrs with it now.

Interesting. I had a left main not retract on take off. I don't think it is an issue. Perhaps I hit the gear up to soon while not fully off the ground... I thought it was cool. So I did an emergency procedure back to the airport. I was IFR the whole time. Made for an interesting flight in the sim...

Not sure if fails are modeled... but allot of AC can be damaged from bad piloting. I lost use of flaps in my Carenado B58 when trying to deploy w a y too fast.. as well as losing steering in the JetProp from dropping em down too soon.

All airspeed damage type things... which I think happens to all AC regardless if it's modeled or not (depending on realism setting)

You can look through the aircraft.cfg of different aircraft and see the limits that say "flaps blown" speeds, etc. They are always at the limits we expect, so I haven't seen any gotchas. I also haven't seen any gear limits other than the max operating and max extension we already know about.

How cool is that! I would love to have that happen. Tell Carenado about it - they love to hear about stuff like this instead of just hearing gripes all the time.