Sign in to follow this  
eriksenp

A sound problem

My engine (all?) sounds fade away and then come back. Is there a tweak I could use in the cfg file to cure this? It is an annoying situation.

Computer is an hp p7-1154 with AMD Quad core A6-3600 processor.

Thanks in advance, Paul

In my case, this occurred because I had accidentally left the sound settings for voice playback set to my speakers, while all other sounds were set to my headphones. I may have it backwards, but that isn't as important.

When this is the case, the engine sounds fade away while ATC is speaking and after a while they pick up again. The problem is that you can't hear ATC due to the settings.

Try checking to see if the FSX Voice and Sounds are both set to the same playback device.

..ha. I'm experiencing the same problem ...

Yair

Greetings,

I had this same issue. It was frustrating, but found the solution that worked for my system. In the Windows sound control panel dialog make sure your spekers are set to the default sound device, your headset as the default communication device. There are 4 tabs at the top of the dialog, select the last tab; I think it is label "communication". Make sure the radio button is selected as none or not to reduce sounds. When ATC talked, it would reduce my other sounds, and this cured it.

Of course, if you only have one audio out device, the setting to not reduce sounds, works as well.

I hope this is the solution for your system as well. Keep us posted.

-Todd

Thanks for the replies. I haven't had much time to check things out but in the sound setting tab in fx I checked 'use default devices'. I will check things out again and make sure what I did was correct and repost here. Paul

If you are configured to use default devices for voices and sounds, then do what Zoolander suggested and you should be all set.

Again, thanks for the replies. In my case, HP computer with onboard sound thingy, I fooled around with the sound settings tab. In my case I chose the second of three choices. The first was default settings. The second was ' headphones, etc' and the third one I can't remember. Anyway, I chose the second one relating to the headphones (and whatever) and that cured the problem. I hope my answer is not too confusing as I realize not every one has the same computer that I have.

Thanks again, people.

Regards , Paul