Sign in to follow this  
jboy92

737 & AI Traffic Hold Postions

Hi guys,

just been doing couple flights over the weekend and when i was taxing out KLAX and some ai traffic was following i noticed that ATC told them to hold position even though i was good 100-200 feet further down the taxi. I the most i noticed it was today when i landed at KLAX parked up at gate 46A (American Airlines terminal) that ATC were telling aircraft to hold postion because i was on the taxiway even though i was parked up with engines off etc etc.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas why ATC is doing this.

Btw only seem to notice this with 737ngx other aircraft seem fine,

Thanks in advance

James Roberts

I am using default ATC with editvoicepack (not sure if that makes any difference) plus ultimate traffic 2

I have encountered the same phenomenon when taxiing but not only apply to my aircraft but also others as I listen. It is obviously a flaw of FSX ATC since you will notice it commands to "hold" and 5 seconds later commands to "continue taxi" and then it keeps repeating this sequence regardless of where ground traffic is relative to the commanded aircraft. I do notice that when taxiing it will give my aircraft the command to hold if any vehicle is currently using the taxiway that I WILL be using. Again it is just a flaw in the FSX ATC programming that must be lived with or try instead RC4. I quit using RC4 when NGX came out because it seemed to have a slight negative impact on FPS. Also the mechanical voice and constant altitude repremands were quite unrealistic and annoying. I have resigned myself to use default FSX ATC along with the flawed weather depictions of AS2012...another issue!

Hi again,

So is this is a common problem? i love my AI traffic and my pmdg even more just want them both to work great with eachother then it would be the fsx complete for me. So is there no resolution to this?

Thanks

James Roberts

The best way around it is to disable aircraft collisions and disregard the useless FSX ATC while on the ground and pick up your clearance airborne. I too love my AI and find it's just easier that way (30,000+ different repaints and none of the crap payware AI programs).

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS