Hello all,

Right now, I'm running a single GTX 570 on a monitor that is 1600 x 900. I have some money to spend and I want to upgrade my GPU.

So my question is: should I get a second 570 for SLi or get a single GTX 670?

Here's why I'm so on the fence about the choice: I don't want to upgrade my PSU (it's a Corsair TX 750W), which I might have to do with a second 570. But I heard the 670 can easily be overclocked to the level of a 680, and I don't have to upgrade anything else.

Which one should I go for and why?

This isn't completely for FSX, but for other games too.

Danny

Hi Danny,

I would hold off for a while and get the GTX 685 when it is released later this year. 110 cores and much faster than a 680/690 and has far better memory bandwidth.

Well, we hope it is.

Ron.

If you have the cash, then definitely get the GTX670.

Ron, the 685 is rumored. - Until I hear some real news from Nvidia, I am not going to believe it.

I'm sure the rumored 685 will be great but probably rather expensive, when it does arrive.

Having had the 670 for a few days , it's an amazing card for a reasonable price.

With the latest driver's vertical sync adaptive 1/2 refresh rate setting both Flight and FSX run smooth full screen.

I never used the 570 so I can't say it's a clear upgrade for Flight titles,

but the reviews show the 670 out performs the last gen for other games.