Sign in to follow this  
CuanJames0

Skimming water in fsx?

Hey all,

So I've recently been attempting a bit bush flying in fsx but found what is possible within the Sim very limited. One of the things i have found the most frustrating is not being to skim the surface of the water say slow the aircraft down say before landing on a sand bar or even just for the heck of it. If crash setting are one it it wont let me get near the water with out crashing and with it off it shoots me a couple of hundred feet in the air if i get near the water. Now I dont have the knowledge to do this myself but is it at all possible to create a modificaton to fix this up within the limitations of fsx?

Thanks, Cuan James

I guess the clever bit would be to write the patch so that the aircraft would sink if the water was too deep or the approach too slow? After all Seaplanes don't crash but a bush plane that floated would be as daft as one that crashed skimming?

Watching this with interest.

Geoff

Geoff Brown

Jip use it all the time, but as far as I know it is the only one you can do it with. Dont know how they have done that and if that is inherent to the way the model is being created and that end users cannot add this t another plane

mayne ask at the A2A forums

edit

.. just goggled and found this. It seem to be possible.

Just google "fsx water skimming" and you wil find FSX videos of many kinds of planes with which it can be done.

http://www.flightsim...dra-tires/page3

When I first created the water skimming effect, I did not know that it would be taken and used by others with no credit. Thanks A2A...

To have the effect work properly, you must turn crash on, and run the crash slider to 50% or less. This is due to the way FSX handles crashes.

If A2A had been the ones to create this effect, it would have been known. I held back with this little tidbit, but it doesn't matter anymore.

enjoy.

Windspeaks

http://era.gotbush.org