Sign in to follow this  
Scope

GTX 670 and FSX not working?

I've just installed my new GTX 670 and installed the drivers. When starting FSX a pop-up says that my hardware doesn't meet the required hardware - atleast Geforce3 (??)...

Any clue? Or is my new card not compatible?? :(

Did you completely uninstall all the drivers relating to your old card first before installing rather than just installing the new ones over the top?

Worth uninstalling/removing the card from the WIndows HW manager list as well before installing a new one.

I would completely uninstall the card and all the drivers, delete the NVIDIA folder from your C: drive, restart the PC and try again from scratch with the drivers I linked to above (assuming you are using Win7/Vista x64!)

You might want to unhook your PC from the internet on the final reboot as well to stop Windows trying to dl and install the GPU drivers automatically...

Yes it's the R300 i installed

i'll try the uninstall all drivers thing

Good news!

i found the trouble

I had AirDisplay installed and i think FSX thought that was the primary hardware driver.

So i unstalled air disp and reinstalled nvidia - and now it works , phewww

AirDisplay was always causing me trouble at Nvidia driver update ( with happens one every week ;). My GTX 670 installation was fine. It helps A LOT on FSDT airports over my GTX470.

For my part, I do not use AirDisplay anymore. I have configured my RDP to support multiple session ( google 'Concurrent RDP patch). So now, I have FSX running in fullscreen AND AS2012, Aivlasoft EFB, etc. running on an RDP session on the iPad.

/Vincent

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard